"The Walking Dead"

"The Walking Dead"

This is a discussion on "The Walking Dead" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know someone already started a thread on this, but I can't find it. Just recently finished watching the first season of The Walking Dead ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: "The Walking Dead"

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

"The Walking Dead"

I know someone already started a thread on this, but I can't find it.

Just recently finished watching the first season of The Walking Dead on Netflix. I love it. I think it's a great show, and a pretty good show of what things might be like. The 'Walkers' have better motor control and act more human than I think they would, but it's all good, right?

It also does a wonderful job of reminding me why I love the .357 magnum as much as I do. Every time Rick pulls 'the Python' I get a little happier and enjoy the show more.
    Ishmael likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Yeah but in zombie town, where there are many and head shots are king..... a glock 17 with 17 round mags or one of those plentiful military beretta 9mm's lying all around with 15 round mags would better serve him. Not to mention all those 30 round m4 mags and rifles they seem to ignore at every step and continue on with their bolt action hunting rifles. There is theatrics and there is common sense. Pick up the hicaps... it isn't about "stopping power" it is about getting as many head shots as possible when swarmed. Melee weapons for one or two and when a swarm comes hicaps are your friend. Climb on the RV and start dispatching them.

Anyway....... hollywood
    OD*, joker1, nerdyvirgin and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Yeah but in zombie town, where there are many and head shots are king..... a glock 17 with 17 round mags or one of those plentiful military beretta 9mm's lying all around with 15 round mags would better serve him. Not to mention all those 30 round m4 mags and rifles they seem to ignore at every step and continue on with their bolt action hunting rifles. There is theatrics and there is common sense. Pick up the hicaps... it isn't about "stopping power" it is about getting as many head shots as possible when swarmed. Melee weapons for one or two and when a swarm comes hicaps are your friend. Climb on the RV and start dispatching them.

Anyway....... hollywood
    Don't get me wrong; I wouldn't drop my .357, but I would definitely start grabbing Berettas and M16s. (And hopefully find one with the M203 already strapped under the barrel.

I just love the .357 for it's all around BA attributes.
    joker1 likes this.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

This show is great. it is basically the video game left for dead turned into a tv show.

I am enjoying it thus far although you will notice some incorrect stuff. for instance in episode one the sheriff told an office to disengage the safety on his weapon and verify it was load. it was glock ... he checks it and the chamber and magazine is empty. don't show the chamber in the camera and show me an unloaded gun. I know its a show and just for fun, but its fun to catch these things.

I especially like that it scares my girlfriend. Now she wants to learn to shoot a shotgun. I offered to get her a small handgun to curb her fears of rapist zombies. she said now way, shotgun! it was fouler language than that.

This show brings joy to my life.

by the way. I still don't understand why they don't use big guns. there are dead military all around and you use a bolt action. I had a friend who used to do that. meanwhile I am just barreling down the street with an m16.

My silly little thread is over here: Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead

I, too, love this show, although, like anything, it could be better in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    This show is great. it is basically the video game left for dead turned into a tv show.

I am enjoying it thus far although you will notice some incorrect stuff. for instance in episode one the sheriff told an office to disengage the safety on his weapon and verify it was load. it was glock ... he checks it and the chamber and magazine is empty. don't show the chamber in the camera and show me an unloaded gun. I know its a show and just for fun, but its fun to catch these things. I especially like that it scares my girlfriend. Now she wants to learn to shoot a shotgun. I offered to get her a small handgun to curb her fears of rapist zombies. she said now way, shotgun! it was fouler language than that.

This show brings joy to my life.
    The bit with the Glock makes me happy. Especially since they made the 'safety' noise when he 'flicked the safety'...
    joker1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    The bit with the Glock makes me happy. Especially since they made the 'safety' noise when he 'flicked the safety'...
    they make a manual safety kit for the glock.... many do... google it

The Glock Manual Safety

GlockSafetyLg.jpg

OD*

Anyway....... hollywood
    But if they used common sense, these types a shows would only be about 15 minutes long.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

The Glock Manual Safety

GlockSafetyLg.jpg
    Why?

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I just started watching, I looked at the DVD version of season one and the first episode of this season online, last week was the first I watch on regular TV. I am a kinda hooked; and I hate TV.

I like it but, have to agree, there must be a lot of effective military weapons lying in the street why not make use of them. I am also irritated because they are so committed to the stupid RV, it is crap, so many of their vehicles are crap; yet there are thousands of abandoned modern and military vehicles for the taking. The crossbow also bothers me, I have three buds who hunt with crossbows; no doubt, the show significantly derates the penetrating power of a crossbow bolt; I think my traditional compound bow will penetrate better than they portray.

One thing I really like is the forethought of the writers, when the show runs it's course, Rick can wake up from his coma, leaving everything a vivid very bad dream
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

It remains to be seen, if the quality stays high with the budget cuts by AMC. Talk of more inside shots with just zombie "sounds".
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

The Glock Manual Safety

GlockSafetyLg.jpg
    That right there is offensive, where's my ban hammer? Oh wait you are not the maker just the messenger.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I haven't started watching season 2 yet, DVRitus. Yes the show could be better, but like others have said if they did everything right it would be a mini-series. I definately agree with higher capacity semi-autos over bolt and wheel guns, but personally I would snatch up anything that went boom. I imagine the crossbolt would be an real good stealthy weapon, worst part would be recovering bolts.

I wonder when hollywood will get the GLOCK right, they use them in damn near every show that calls for a pistol.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

EdC
    Maybe one way to explaing the writers' ignoring more effective weaponry is the show's emphasis on the zombies being attracted by sound, like gunshots, so the survivors avoid shooting at all costs, using clubs, bats, machetes, crossbow, etc. Still, it would be better to have an M4 with a 30 rd. magazine if you're being swarmed by a mob of zombies and attracting more really isn't the immediate problem.

Then one of them grenade launchers would be just the ticket for distractions like in the last episode with the road flares.

They need to start distracting them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links