Trooper pulls over off duty police officer going 120 MPH. - Page 2

Trooper pulls over off duty police officer going 120 MPH.

This is a discussion on Trooper pulls over off duty police officer going 120 MPH. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FHP and a Few agencies went back & forth, Ticketing each other. She done her job 120 MPH is (Crazy) If he is that late, ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Trooper pulls over off duty police officer going 120 MPH.

FHP and a Few agencies went back & forth, Ticketing each other. She done her job

120 MPH is (Crazy) If he is that late, A phone call is all it would take, The bad thing is she will get lit up by his agency IN SPITE & It has happened.
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    Maybe the pursuing officer was familiar with the particulars of this case in Ohio a couple years ago, and didn't want to find herself similarly situated.
    Speeding police officer fired | The Columbus Dispatch

Reckless Driving,Speeding X above posted,Failure to Yield,IMHO should have been arrested and booked just like anybody else that was driving that fast.
    sureshot1 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I agree with dukalmighty !! He should also be charge for the wasted fuel and miles on the car. I as a taxpayer have to pay for mine.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Yikes. I wish there were more details. How's she to know that the officer wasnt going somewhere priority? Did she radio to MPD to find out if they had officers en route to a priority call? Did the speeding officer think that maybe he had some backup with him, thinking that the car behind him was simply following thinking that he was en route to a priority call? Theres a ton of quarterbacking that can be done here.

But.... now that we know he was simply "late for work"... he's a fool. He was reckless and out of control. He put alot of people in harms way, and makes all LEO's look like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Reckless Driving,Speeding X above posted,Failure to Yield,IMHO should have been arrested and booked just like anybody else that was driving that fast.
    Amen. The badge doesn't mean when you openly flaunt the law (or at least it shouldn't). Furthermore, I don't agree that he should be able to take the public's car to his off-duty job. I get that some departments have said you can go to and from home in John Q. Public's car, but I think they should be pretty strict about that. After all, perception is everything.

Good for the trooper.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Driving a vehicle over the posted limit is a violation in every state I'm aware of regardless if it's an emergency vehicle or not.

The ONLY time it is OK to disregard limits is on official business while displaying emergency lights and sounding a siren. Remove official business, turn off the lights, or stop sounding the siren and you are violating the law if operating outside of posted limits.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sureshot1 View Post
    I agree with dukalmighty !! He should also be charge for the wasted fuel and miles on the car. I as a taxpayer have to pay for mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Amen. The badge doesn't mean when you openly flaunt the law (or at least it shouldn't). Furthermore, I don't agree that he should be able to take the public's car to his off-duty job. I get that some departments have said you can go to and from home in John Q. Public's car, but I think they should be pretty strict about that. After all, perception is everything.

Good for the trooper.

Around here if a private party wants police as security, they pay $x/hr for each officer and $y for each car they request, so the dept. isn't providing the car for free. Not sure if thats how Miami operates but there is a possibility that tax payers aren't footing the bill for the car. Although in this case he'd probably burn up any fees in fuel easily.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Some people insist on taking a dump in their lunch box.
    buckeye .45 likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

That type of action (the Miami Officer) would have got me fired back when I was active, and I think it would still get you fired today. Technically, he was making a mockery of his own job, and all of those he works with.
    ksholder and atctimmy like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Trooper did her job, but she was pretty lax on the L&S application. Lights were on, then off, then on again. Siren was not on for most of the chase. LEOs are under the law just like the rest of us. It is refreshing to see one getting treated appropriately for obviously and intentionally breaking the law. So often they get a pass under - professional courtesy.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Lights and siren are not always the best nor safest way through traffic.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Around here if a private party wants police as security, they pay $x/hr for each officer and $y for each car they request, so the dept. isn't providing the car for free. Not sure if thats how Miami operates but there is a possibility that tax payers aren't footing the bill for the car. Although in this case he'd probably burn up any fees in fuel easily.
    Thanks, fastk9dad. I didn't know that.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Lights and siren are not always the best nor safest way through traffic.
    But if operating outside of traffic laws it is the ONLY legal way.

When driving in traffic, if the majority of vehicles are cruising at 65 mph in a 55 zone it could be argued that the safest thing would be to keep moving with the traffic. I doubt the judge would concur if you tried to defend your 10 over citation.

like the trooper, the cop is on his way out...risk managment see this he's written up and down...that cruiser have Z rated skins ??, idiot ....Ya, like the trooper

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links