Trooper pulls over off duty police officer going 120 MPH. - Page 3

Trooper pulls over off duty police officer going 120 MPH.

This is a discussion on Trooper pulls over off duty police officer going 120 MPH. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by PilotAlso But if operating outside of traffic laws it is the ONLY legal way. When driving in traffic, if the majority of ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Trooper pulls over off duty police officer going 120 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by PilotAlso View Post
    But if operating outside of traffic laws it is the ONLY legal way.

When driving in traffic, if the majority of vehicles are cruising at 65 mph in a 55 zone it could be argued that the safest thing would be to keep moving with the traffic. I doubt the judge would concur if you tried to defend your 10 over citation.
    Did you see any mention of statutes or legalities?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

This is why agencies are slowly migrating to in car gps tracking units. If you are going over the sl you better have a good reason.

Dont mean to thread jack... well, yeah I do....

One thing I hate as a LEO, is running lights and siren to something, going through an intersection, then cancelling. Just want to put it out there. It looks like we're blowing a red light, then turning off our lights, but sometimes thats how it works. If my partner yells for backup, i'm going to get there fast. If right after that red light, he advises BG is in custody, I slow it down. This LOOKS like im blowing lights just trying to avoid traffic, but I wasnt. I always laugh when this happens because I know what everyone is thinking

Sorry for the thread jack....

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Dont mean to thread jack... well, yeah I do....

One thing I hate as a LEO, is running lights and siren to something, going through an intersection, then cancelling. Just want to put it out there. It looks like we're blowing a red light, then turning off our lights, but sometimes thats how it works. If my partner yells for backup, i'm going to get there fast. If right after that red light, he advises BG is in custody, I slow it down. This LOOKS like im blowing lights just trying to avoid traffic, but I wasnt. I always laugh when this happens because I know what everyone is thinking

Sorry for the thread jack....
    I hear what you are saying and that may always be true for you but, I ain't buying that is always the case.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    What do you suppose would have happened if Mr. Speedo got into a wreck and killed someone?
    My personal experience tells me nothing would happen. An on duty, unlit unit, responding at twice the speed limit without authorization, on a minor call killed a friend of mine in high school. The light was green and she turned in front of him expecting he was doing 45, not 90. Absolutely nothing was done about it. I can say that because a family member worked at the department. The "professional courtesy" runs far and deep around here.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Senior Moderator
    My personal experience tells me nothing would happen. An on duty, unlit unit, responding at twice the speed limit without authorization, on a minor call killed a friend of mine in high school. The light was green and she turned in front of him expecting he was doing 45, not 90. Absolutely nothing was done about it. I can say that because a family member worked at the department. The "professional courtesy" runs far and deep around here.
    Probably before the days of the internet. I doubt that would happen now.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    like the trooper, the cop is on his way out...risk managment see this he's written up and down...that cruiser have Z rated skins ??, idiot ....Ya, like the trooper
    Can I get a Jive to English translator for this one?
    bbqgrill, ep1953 and ksholder like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Can I get a Jive to English translator for this one?
    I'll take a crack at it.

like the trooper,
    he likes the trooper
    the cop is on his way out...risk managment see this he's written up and down.
    after risk management writes up the officer he will be fired.
    ..that cruiser have Z rated skins ??
    does the officer's unit have "Z" (149mph+) rated tires
    , idiot ..
    the officer is an idiot
    ..Ya, like the trooper
    he likes the trooper.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

The cop was late for his part-time job. Surely thats a good reason to drive 120mph.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/29/us/flo...ing/index.html

VIP Member
    The guy late for work gets an F in making good decisions.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    The cop was late for his part-time job. Surely thats a good reason to drive 120mph.

Miami cop accused of driving 120 mph in squad car to off-duty job - CNN.com
    Cops shouldn't need to work part time jobs....I think it is quite sad that many are forced into that position due to low pay. Lets tack financial stresses onto an already stressful job...sounds like a good plan to me...and we wonder why some of them lose it on occasion.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    Cops shouldn't need to work part time jobs....I think it is quite sad that many are forced into that position due to low pay. Lets tack financial stresses onto an already stressful job...sounds like a good plan to me...and we wonder why some of them lose it on occasion.
    Stop, just stop, no one forced them (you) into the job, no one makes them (you) stay there and the pay structure is well know before the choice is made. Just stop, we all do what we need to do.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    ..that cruiser have Z rated skins ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    does the officer's unit have "Z" (149mph+) rated tires
    Ah. OK, I understand now. Thanks Gauntes. The Z rated skins was the part that threw me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    Cops are people too. Cops have greedy ex wives, kids that are about to go to college and they have hobbies that cost money. In short, they are just like the rest of the world's population. Most police officers receive a decent salary, most but not all.

The long and short of it is this: I don't blame the guy for having a LEGAL second job. I do blame him for acting like a complete idiot.

Sadly, I suspect that his money problems will soon be much worse.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I suspect from the radio chatter that she thought the cruiser was stolen.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Getting stopped is the least of this LEO's problems when his boss sees the news.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links