Finally, conclusive evidence that Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead

This is a discussion on Finally, conclusive evidence that Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Knightrider Ok, for the super slow on this site. Can you explain this joke to me. I know it has something to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Finally, conclusive evidence that Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    Ok, for the super slow on this site. Can you explain this joke to me. I know it has something to do with the head guy in charge but not making a connection between the 3 lol
    The original post stated that Bin Laden and Gaddafi were seen in Chicago, "registering to vote". I took this as a mob reference. Then someone else said Elvis did too (hence my Halloween / Ghostbusters line). This brings us to the Trafficant 'joke'. The citizens of Youngstown, either loved or hated the guy. Supposedly he had solid mob connections. He was tried and convicted of taking bribes and spent several months in prison for it. This was after he had already been expelled from his congressional seat for ethics violations. One of the "jokes" about this was his toupee, which they would not let him take to prison. He would NEVER be seen without it and when his prison photos came out, they were big news. Anyway, while he was in prison, some how he managed to run for office and there were some court cases about his rights to do so, and he managed to win. When he got out of prison, it was to great fanfare, including a big dinner, complete with an Elvis impersonator.

I really doubt it is too funny, unless you lived there at the time and got to experience the daily drama on the local media.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Ok, for the super slow on this site. Can you explain this joke to me. I know it has something to do with the head guy in charge but not making a connection between the 3 lol
    On old time joke about Chicago politics where the dead have been rumored to vote in current elections.

I heard Jimmy Hoffa votes in Detroit too - maybe really Chicago?

I grew up in Gary, IN, which is on the shore of Lake Michigan just across the IL/IN border from Chicago, in the 40s-50s. It was basically common knowledge back then that the politicians in Chicago were crooked, the democratic "machine" controlled the politics and politicians, and that party workers got names from gravestones, obituaries, etc. and "registered" those dead people to vote. And the voting rolls had numerous "dead" people registered to vote. Bums from skid row were picked up on election day, taken to the polls, told who they were (given the name of some dead guy) and voted. After voting, several times at different polls under different names, they would be returned to skid row and rewarded with a bottle of booze for doing their civic duty to the "political machine". Chicago politics has beem crooked since before the days of Al Capone and prohibition, and although the capital of the state in Springfield, Chicago actually runs the state. And that is why the poor people of IL are the only state that doesn't allow it's citizens to defend themselves--it is controlled by the "crooks" in Chicago. Thus you know Elvis and the aforementioned terrorist are really dead, because they registered to vote in Chicago.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I heard Jimmy Hoffa votes in Detroit too - maybe really Chicago?
    Given his former political affiliations, probably both.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links