Sheriff tells women to get guns to ward off attacks

This is a discussion on Sheriff tells women to get guns to ward off attacks within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sheriff tells women to get guns to ward off attacks (Reuters) - A South Carolina sheriff who called for women to carry guns to defend ...

Thread: Sheriff tells women to get guns to ward off attacks

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

(Reuters) - A South Carolina sheriff who called for women to carry guns to defend themselves against ...

"I don't want you to go for the Mace. I want you to go for the concealed weapons permit," the sheriff said, according to a video of his remarks.

Wright said women could conceal a small pistol inside a fanny pack when they go out jogging.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7A077X20111101
    I found out about this story per a segment on a FoxNews talk shown ("The Five"). They were mostly making fun of it and criticizing it.

One lady said that she would like to carry but she lives in NY and can't. I'm left with no words with this comment.

All the while I obviously am not against gun ownership given that I'm a licensed carrier, I have to say I'm always hesitant to say that everyone should either have or carry a gun. To be honest with you, I'm not sure if EVERYONE has the competence to either own or carry a gun. There's some people I know and the thought of them possibly having a gun scares me to death.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Sorry for the redundancy. I didn't see this running elsewhere. I'd delete it myself but I don't know how?

Links