Threads You started and wished you hadn't - Page 2

Threads You started and wished you hadn't

This is a discussion on Threads You started and wished you hadn't within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't remember if I started the thread, or if I just made a post in it, but when I first joined DC I was ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Threads You started and wished you hadn't

I don't remember if I started the thread, or if I just made a post in it, but when I first joined DC I was a big advocate for the auto loader... I actually ragged on the revolver pretty bad and said how it was not a good choice for a defense choice and yada yada yada....

Since then I have opened my eyes "and mind" to a whole new realm of concealed carry, and that has included the revolver. Needless to say, I no longer feel that way now and to this day I still feel perfectly fine with eating that big piece of humble pie that I so well deserved. I must say, that since joining DC, I have become a better man, as well as a much more informed one thanks to DC and it's members... Now as a general rule I try not to start threads that could lead to arguments and bad feelings, but hey, I'm only human..

shooterX likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Valid question. Probably the most recognized definition is Wireless Markup Language. However in this context, I was using the acronym to refer to Weapon Mounted Light.
    Oh yeah...I remember that one...quite a bit of mud flinging over a weapon light.

Sometimes it's the most innocent,meaningless threads that excite the most emotion...Go figure
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Oh.. I've had quite a few nasty threads that I started. In many cases I simply neglected to emphasize that it was a hypothetical question, just for curiosity's sake. I also failed to take into account the totally different personalities I would encounter on this forum as compared to other forums that I've been on. Now that I'm a little more familiar with the people on here, I have learned how to properly phrase questions so that they are not mis-interpreted, or taken out of context. I've also learned just to simply not post certain things at all knowing that it will explode into a huge controversy.

It is worth pointing out, thought, that the controversial topics is what keeps this place going and keeps it interesting. We all have different opinions, but we all have the same goals in mind. So I think we all agree more than we disagree, but sometimes the little things can make us seem miles apart. However, I think I'm done being the subject of controversial threads, I'll let somebody else start them.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Yea, OK Adric...I remember saying that also, then....well, you know.
    Besides, I've learned that you don't need to start one to end up being controversial. In fact, thats usually where I mess up!
    You are right though, it would be boring if everyone agreed
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    there was that thread about women and carry....... "Does This Gun Make my Butt Look Big?"........and then the fight started.

Won't make that mistake again.
    Man, that butt makes the gun look small.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Man, that butt makes the gun look small.
    Don't ever tell your wife/significant other that, especially if she carries too

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I regret starting the 'Alzheimers and guns" thread. Oh, wait, that wasn't me was it?
    thephanatik likes this.

Administrator
    Any member that starts a thread asking what kind of "clip" they should buy for their firearm
    will be sorry that they opened that thread....within the first three replies.
    surefire7 likes this.

I just ordered a Clip holder for my extra Clip that goes with my M&P9c....

Anyone know if this is a good "Clip" carrier?

Sorry QKShooter.... I couldn't resist...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I have a some stripper clips for my model 98 Mauser.

Who was the member that posted the "Glock cleaning video" a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    Who was the member that posted the "Glock cleaning video" a while back?
    Yeah that was awesome! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    Sometimes it's the most innocent,meaningless threads that excite the most emotion...Go figure
    It seems that often what was intended as irony or tongue in cheek satire get misunderstood in forums. Subtlety and nuance sometimes don't translate well when posted on the internet.

I can't remember any threads I started I regret,but I have received a lotta demerir points for some colorful replies,I gotta say as of October 31st I have a clean slate....and errr I'm aaaa gonna try to do better
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links