Threads You started and wished you hadn't

This is a discussion on Threads You started and wished you hadn't within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just saw a posting that sort of apologized for a thread he/she started. I think/believe we ALL have been there. Fess up what was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Threads You started and wished you hadn't

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

I just saw a posting that sort of apologized for a thread he/she started. I think/believe we ALL have been there. Fess up what was yours?

Mine was my first just after joining. Asked about using reloads for my defense gun. WOW live and learn LOL

YOUR TURN:
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

VIP Member
    I haven't begun many threads, but have had none turn nasty so far. Some posts and responses, otoh...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I haven't begun many threads, but have had none turn nasty so far. Some posts and responses, otoh...
    Your best (worst) does not have to turn nasty. just maybe something you were thinking when you really weren't thinking after all.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

VIP Member
    LOL. I remember once questioning the wisdom of WML's.

I got stomped into the ground on that one.

Don't mess with people's gadgets.
    glockman10mm likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I haven't started any threads since I've joined, but I have been thinking about doing a review of my Comp-Tac Infidel holster. Maybe sometime this week.

Threads I have already learned not to start are caliber wars and ones that are political in nature.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    LOL. I remember once questioning the wisdom of WML's.

I got stomped into the ground on that one.

Don't mess with people's gadgets.
    WML's? What a WML?...mine was 1911's are like redheads...yeah I don't care for em too much but I stirred up a hornets nest on that one. It was also right after I joined I should have had a bit better manners than stirring the pot as my first impression. I do still like to "stimulate a good debate" though!

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    WML's? What a WML?...mine was 1911's are like redheads...yeah I don't care for em too much but I stirred up a hornets nest on that one. It was also right after I joined I should have had a bit better manners than stirring the pot as my first impression. I do still like to "stimulate a good debate" though!
    I've already got my redhead but if you have a 1911 that your throwing out... :)

None at all! I think all my threads have been excellent! ( I wish ) Although I have definately inserted my foot into my piehole on occasion!!
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

VIP Member
    WML's? What a WML?.....
    Valid question. Probably the most recognized definition is Wireless Markup Language. However in this context, I was using the acronym to refer to Weapon Mounted Light.

Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    None at all! I think all my threads have been excellent! ( I wish ) Although I have definately inserted my foot into my piehole on occasion!!
    Better foot than head LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Better foot than head LOL
    THAT would be the OTHER hole...
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

I thought it was weapon of mass lighting.
    joker1 and thephanatik like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    WML's? What a WML?...
    Waste Management Landfill?

there was that thread about women and carry....... "Does This Gun Make my Butt Look Big?"........and then the fight started.

Won't make that mistake again.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    ...just maybe something you were thinking when you really weren't thinking after all.
    I resemble that remark!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links