Of course we are not in favour of Iran developing a bomb – but do we think they’d use

This is a discussion on Of course we are not in favour of Iran developing a bomb – but do we think they’d use within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Gene83 I would think that the fallout from a nuclear explosion of any size would have the potential of affecting every country ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Of course we are not in favour of Iran developing a bomb – but do we think they’d use

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I would think that the fallout from a nuclear explosion of any size would have the potential of affecting every country in the middle east so I don't see any country using nuclear weapons against an enemy in the region. Even madmen usually have a desire for self preservation.
    I have to compare that region's people with the Japanese during WWII. As such they are totally brain washed, conditioned and focused on the destruction of their enemy without any consideration as to self preservation. Talk about a loose cannon!!! this makes them predictably unpredictable and extremely dangerous. Only thru the elimination of their ability to attack will we ever stop their carnage. Just like WWII. Dropping the hammer on them will be the necessary final solution.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    Only the U.S. would say, "get ready, here we come." We tell the time, day and date, after all, it wouldn't be PC to drop in unannounced.
    You mean like we did with Bin Laden?
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    You mean like we did with Bin Laden?
    No I think he means like we did with Somalia. I was there, less than a mile away when the SEALs hit the beach only to be met by flood lights and CNN news crews.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Senior Moderator
    There is no doubt that Israel has Nukes,but I'm not so sure they have the codes to arm them,the US may hold the codes as a fail-safe to keep them from using them without the approval of the POTUS,and the one we got now would never authorise it
    You're kidding yourself if you think that Israel needs permission or even cares about what the POTUS thinks. They have even less use for him than most of us do.

Israel will do what they need to do to survive.
    Rock and Glock and atctimmy like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Iran already has one in most probability. However, they want more than one. Those that think they won't use them are fools. The Iranian government and culture do not share our values. They do not believe our beliefs. Most Americans, and most in the government are woefully ignorant of that culture.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad believes it is his duty to bring about world war because it will hasten the arrival of the Mahdi. Don't believe it - do the research and decide for yourself.

Israel and the US are two of the big targets for this. To quote an old saying, several big kids on the block, sooner or later somebody is going to throw the first punch.
    Maverickx50 likes this.

Here it is stated:

You're kidding yourself if you think that Israel needs permission or even cares about what the POTUS thinks. They have even less use for him than most of us do.

Israel will do what they need to do to survive.

I would think that the fallout from a nuclear explosion of any size would have the potential of affecting every country in the middle east so I don't see any country using nuclear weapons against an enemy in the region. Even madmen usually have a desire for self preservation. However, as North Korea has found, possession of nuclear weapons and the capability to deliver them allows small countries to stand up to world powers. The regime in Iraq (which did not have nuclear weapons) was overthrown by the United States. The regime in North Korea (which does have nuclear weapons) continues to thrive as the United States and other world powers continue to try and negotiate with them. That doesn't go unnoticed by the other crackpot leaders including Ahmadinejad.
    This has been my opinion for years. The U.S. right or wrong, has made it a habit of invading countries that we disagree with. If I were a nation that had a form of government that the U.S. did not agree with I too would look for nukes.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; November 11th, 2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There is no doubt that Israel has Nukes,but I'm not so sure they have the codes to arm them,the US may hold the codes as a fail-safe to keep them from using them without the approval of the POTUS,and the one we got now would never authorise it
    Why would a foreign head of state have the launch codes? Does Canada have the U.S. launch codes?

Iran has stated clearly the reason they are developing nukes is to destroy Israel. Their motive is eternal, they have no fear of repercussions. Do not deceive yourself, they will use them.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Iran may use one - one time. Then, Iranian glass products will be available on eBay.
    l1a1 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Nukes are a force mutliplier.

Iran is nothing more than a rich third world country. They dont have the manpower or the resources to much of anything to anyone.

Its the very reason that they want to be able to wield the nuclear stick. That evens things up a bit because with just a couple of detonations in the right spots it could really hose things up.

Iran hates Israel. They always have and they always will. It wouldnt suprise me one bit if they actually started the beggining of the end. Some of you enlightened people know what I mean.
    atctimmy, Rock and Glock and ctr like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    If I was made King My choice would be to Hit the Iranian oil fields with dirty bombs. Put their oil off the market for say 1,000 years.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Senior Moderator
    Dirty bombs would'nt do much, other than to contaminate the surface soil. The oil underneath would be unaffected.

Nah, it'd be better if was under a case of glass to tap when we needed it.

Ya'll know what the ancient name of Iran was?

Persia.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links