Vietnam in HD....

Vietnam in HD....

This is a discussion on Vietnam in HD.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Any other Vietnam vets watch this? I thought it time I see what others thought this was. I probably should not have watched. Some of ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By dV8r
  • 2 Post By SIXTO
  • 2 Post By atctimmy

Thread: Vietnam in HD....

Thumbs down Vietnam in HD....

Any other Vietnam vets watch this? I thought it time I see what others thought this was. I probably should not have watched. Some of it was fine and factual, but then it started to appear that most of the vets interviewed had very different "feel" for the past than what I do. then when they insinuate that all Vietnam veterans are in the John Kerry camp I nearly lost it. After digesting the whole thing I have come to the conclusion that it is just another political tool to be used by the left in an attempt to indoctrinate the public against war in general. It missed the mark by exactly 59,272 K. IMNSHO
    Eaglebeak likes this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Interesting perspective. I haven't watched it (wife not interested) but planned to later. I'll wait to see what other comments this thread produces. By the way, from one vet to another, thanks for serving and welcome home.

Havent watched it probably wont. Thanks to all that served.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Administrator
    I'm no where near a Vietnam vet, but I do enjoy the history have have a huge amount of respect for you guys. I have been watching bits and pieces of it, and have found it fascinating. I guess I haven't got to any of the political propaganda yet.
    RevolvingMag and shooterX like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I haven't watched it yet, but I plan to. I know there is a lot of propaganda that goes into these things. But, I don't feel any need for us to be at war with anyone right now.

I am strongly against the 'gun control' hype that is going on. But, that (in my mind) is a separate issue.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Haven't watched it yet. Not sure I want to. Thanks to all who served.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

flag-c.jpg

I have been watching some of the series. I just try to filter out the political bent and take it for what it is. The footage is good at the very least and gives a tiny bit of perspective on the ground. I was not there myself and I am glad that I didn't have to go through the hell on Earth that you guys went through nor would I ever wish to do so. If I had to do it I would but I thank the Lord for you all who have gone and fought and served on behalf of the rest of us. Your effort is not lost on this civilian I promise you and I am deeply grateful for all veterans today and every day. God bless, semper fi, welcome home and may you find peace and joy in your life on this side of Heaven. -Frank

Nix
    I wasn't aware of the program/series--I don't have TV, usually not much worth watching. I'll be interested to see if it appears in Netflix.

As today is Veteran's Day it seems appropriate to remember and honor those who have gone before us and secured our liberty. When I was a wet-behind-the-ears puppy of a cadet, my mentor was a former POW from Vietnam. He didn't talk much about his experience and I didn't enquire too much. I now wish I have heard his story in more detail. I still cherish my memories of him and his wisdom. He commissioned me and while I don't think I have lived up to his example, I've always kept him in mind.

VIP Member
    The History Channel is a liberal propaganda generating machine. Any History Channel program needs to be viewed with a grain of salt. Are their programs sometimes entertaining? Sure, but they are NOT real history.
    SIXTO and Eaglebeak like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I've watched alot of it and it was interesting and did reflect alot of what was going on when I was a grunt, but, yeah, putting the Kerry clip in there and implying that it was the sentiment of most vets went beyond the pale. Can't believe he's where he's at, still...
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

I haven't seen it,but last night was watching Navy Seals untold stories,One was about BAT 21 a USAF Colonel that was shot down and had a lot of critical top secret stuff in his head,I read the book several years ago,The Navy Seal was awarded the MOH for his actions
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Havn't watched it and don't think I will. I have seen and heard enough propaganda, don't need to put myself through it again. Nuff said.

On edit, to all who served there, a BIG WELCOME HOME. And thank you to all who have served and all those still serving. God Bless, get home safe.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    Any other Vietnam vets watch this? I thought it time I see what others thought this was. I probably should not have watched. Some of it was fine and factual, but then it started to appear that most of the vets interviewed had very different "feel" for the past than what I do. then when they insinuate that all Vietnam veterans are in the John Kerry camp I nearly lost it. After digesting the whole thing I have come to the conclusion that it is just another political tool to be used by the left in an attempt to indoctrinate the public against war in general. It missed the mark by exactly 59,272 K. IMNSHO
    Your right, got mad and turn it off.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Watched some of it, like other's got turned off when it got political. The history channel is owned by A&E Television networks, LLC, and it's slant is liberal. I enjoy some of their other shows... Did like for it's content and bought the DVD of "Sniper" inside the crosshairs.

Links