I'm 44 years old today.......when did I get old? - Page 2

I'm 44 years old today.......when did I get old?

This is a discussion on I'm 44 years old today.......when did I get old? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Think of yourself as a .44 Magnum ....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: I'm 44 years old today.......when did I get old?

Senior Moderator
    Think of yourself as a .44 Magnum.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

44 is the new 34. It's just not that old anymore. At least, it better not be....

Happy Birthday and Thanks for your service!

I'm pushin 40 so yeah you're an old fart!

My body may be aging but parts of my mind and soul are still childlike, when those parts grow up that is when you are old.
    Guest1 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    You get old the day you receive your first social security check.
    Hmmm, I'm 23 right now, so I guess I'm never going to get old since I'll never even get a social security check!
    joker1 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Hate to have to tell you this, but 44 is NOT old! My beard is older than that. I have kids older than that and a granddaughter that is more than half that age. 44 is young! I'll be 70 in February, and I still don't consider myself "old". Age is more a state of mind and attitude than anything. Hope you, me, and all the rest of the forum members keep on having birthdays for MANY more years.

PS As someone else said, I remember exactly where I was when JFK was shot. Ft Campbell, KY with the 101st Airborne Division. Instant alert to go to war if it was foreign motivated/prelude to an attack!!!! Very tense time for several hours!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    My body may be aging but parts of my mind and soul are still childlike, when those parts grow up that is when you are old.
    Exactly how I feel!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

I have rifles older than that; and like me, other than a few scratches and a few new parts, we all work fine!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

It does not matter how old you are between 21 and 65. Once you can drink nothing changes until you can retire.

I'm 43 and the most significant difference I have from when I was 21 is when I see a teen girl in a skimpy dress now, I get s sicking knot im my gut and think about my 8 yo niece. Hoping and praying she takes a different path.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Today! when you admit your old,then you've got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I swear, I remember the day I got my drivers license like it was yesterday. I remember my first kiss. My first real date. I remember being 17. I remember Boot Camp like it was just last week. So how the heck can I be 44 years old now?!?

I fought in Desert Storm just the other day! How can that actually have been 20 years ago?? Where did all the time go and how did it go by so fast?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I realized I was getting old when I had that epiphany " I sound just like my Dad!"
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    My father once told me: "If you think being a Grandfather makes you feel old, then try being the father of a Grandfather" He was right as usual.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I swear, I remember the day I got my drivers license like it was yesterday. I remember my first kiss. My first real date. I remember being 17. I remember Boot Camp like it was just last week. So how the heck can I be 44 years old now?!?

I fought in Desert Storm just the other day! How can that actually have been 20 years ago?? Where did all the time go and how did it go by so fast?
    Hey Mike, I have been wondering the same thing I am fifty and I still remember all of the same stuff that you mentioned.

Just hope you don't get traded in on two .22's

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Now, myself, I'm 20 years old with 45 years experience!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

When did you get old? Somewhere between kid number 4 and 5. Happy Birthday. You many not be able to go as long as youdid when you where 21 but now you know what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Just hope you don't get traded in on two .22's
    A wife comes home on a Friday and find a letter from her husband. To my wife, as a 66th Birthday present to myself I am spending the entire weekend with my 21 year old secretary. Will be home on Monday. Love your husband.

Husband comes home on Monday and find a letter from his wife. To my husband, as a 66th Birthday present to you I am spending the entire week with my 21 year old fitness trainer. As an accountant you should be better at math. It is harder to get 66 into 21 than it is 21 to get into 63. Love your wife.
    sureshot1 likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links