I'm 44 years old today.......when did I get old?

This is a discussion on I'm 44 years old today.......when did I get old? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by babarock Happy Birthday and many more. I'm celebrating today (11/15) myself, it's my 56th. Any day above ground is a good one ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: I'm 44 years old today.......when did I get old?

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    Happy Birthday and many more. I'm celebrating today (11/15) myself, it's my 56th.

Any day above ground is a good one !
    Happy Birthday to you too then!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Chill there dude........I'm DIRECTLY behind ya!

Yeah, it was just a couple deployments ago I was lobbing T-LAMS at Sadam's Iraq........ Now I'm 'transistioning' (i.e....retiring) next month.

Exactly HOW did this 'growing-up' thing happen anyway???
    I KNOW! That is how I feel. I still remember everything from Desert Storm. We got into a few firefights and hit a mine that, luckily did not go off. On that note, GoldenShellBack, have you ever been told that Desert Storm wasn't real war because it was over so quickly? I have. It makes me mad too. Just because we were allowed to fight it the way every war should be fought, from the front lines and not from Washington, we did it right and we won quickly. So some pin heads think that means it wasn't a real war.
    goldshellback likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Happy Birthday Mike, from a 57 Y. O. that remembers when John F. Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King were shot.
    Proud NRA member

VIP Member
    A belated Happy Birthday to you Mike.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Just a random thought. When you were 1 years old I was 20X older than you. Now I'm only 45% older than you. Your catching up fast LOL
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    You get old the day you receive your first social security check.
    It looks like alot of us might never get old.

The day you said your old, your old. Me, I am 71+ and I am not old yet.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Happy Birthday !!
    Im a little older turned 48 this year. Really dont feel 48 other then the gout, arthritis, hip re-placement,knees shot,cant hear as well,eyes are getting worse ect. But hey, its all good! Cant wait for the GOLDEN YEARS to set in. But atleast I have money.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    On that note, GoldenShellBack, have you ever been told that Desert Storm wasn't real war because it was over so quickly?
    Yes I have, and it twists me into knots listening to people look me in the eye and (try) to justify themselves......all of whom have NEVER stood a watch in combat OR peacetime. CNN 'edge-um-acated' them in real-time so they know it ALL....

I have, this week as a matter of fact, had a 'boot-fresh nubie' check onboard and he didn't even know of the 'first' gulf war......"I only heard of the one.....", he said. I just laughed under my breath and walked out as my Dept. Chief told him to "look it up and get back with him (meaning me), tomorrow!"

I was presented a command belt buckle two years ago, but instead of my name it just says "Pappy"

I Love and dislike every one of 'em........
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links