Reactor and a tool bag

Reactor and a tool bag

This is a discussion on Reactor and a tool bag within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was talking to a friend I used to work with and he reminded me (more like rubbed it in) about an incident that happened ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By sureshot1

Thread: Reactor and a tool bag

Smile Reactor and a tool bag

I was talking to a friend I used to work with and he reminded me (more like rubbed it in) about an incident that happened to me and I though I would share it with you guys.

I was installing a new fire alarm system in an expermental rector and out building at ORNL. The install was mostly done but there was a random problem with the audio and I had been working with support concerning it. Well I was about to enter the building when support called me on my cell phone right as I was about to enter the building (24" concrete walls phone don't work inside) and since my hands were full I set my tool bag down beside the door and walked about 10 feet from the door to a bench and the way I was sitting my back was to the door.
    After about 15 minute I see the swat and bomb desposal team rollup and run towards the door and they are hollering for me (I was the only one outside) to get away from the building. I knew right then what had happened and I'm like oh crap I'm in deep poo now. I look and sure enought they are studing my bag from afar and talking about it.

I hollered out to them that it was my tool bag and I wasn't more than 10 feet from it. OH S%^& about 10 rifles was then pointing right at me (only thing I can remember about those rifles is they were short black and the muzzle was HUGE looking to me).

Thank goodness I knew the captain that responded and I explained to him I wasn't more than 10 feet form it (allowed 20 feet) and I was the only person out there and the person that saw it should have at least asked me if it was my bag.

After a couple of hours of filling out paper work and getting my butt chewed out, I took my tool bag and went home for the day, there was no way I was going back near that building that day or the next.

Several days later a security guard came by and said he was sorry for causing the incident, it was his first day on the job and kinda freaked out. I did thank him for that for most people would not have said anything and I said no harm done other than the cramp in my hand from all the paperwork.
    Last edited by SIXTO; November 15th, 2011 at 09:51 PM.

an expermental rector
    Rector is what we call our Episcopal Ministers.

Should this be "reactor?"

Love your story by the way.
    Guest1 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Do you still have your " sell " phone ??
    Guest1 likes this.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Man, I'll bet you had to do some laundry that night after looking down the bores of those rifles!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I do not know what color your pants were when you left the house that morning, but I guarantee they were brown before the day was over.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Sorry reactor it is it's actually the HIFER reactor and fixed cell phone but hey it was 2am.
    As for my pants lets just say I'm glad I had waterproof seat covers

Administrator
    I fixed the rector, I'll leave it up to you to fix the reactor.
    "Just blame Sixto"

OK, so what exactly was in the bag, or was it the mere presence of the bag itself that got their knickers in a wad?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Sponsored Links