Shatner Warns Of Exploding Turkeys In Safety Video!!

Shatner Warns Of Exploding Turkeys In Safety Video!!

This is a discussion on Shatner Warns Of Exploding Turkeys In Safety Video!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; CTV News - Shatner warns of exploding turkeys in safety video Click the link for the video. TORONTO Canadian icon William Shatner has added ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GunnyBunny
  • 1 Post By RoadRunner71
  • 1 Post By Yankeejib

Thread: Shatner Warns Of Exploding Turkeys In Safety Video!!

VIP Member

Exclamation Shatner Warns Of Exploding Turkeys In Safety Video!!

CTV News - Shatner warns of exploding turkeys in safety video

Click the link for the video.

TORONTO Canadian icon William Shatner has added another unique credit to his already diverse acting resume: a starring role in an online "docudrama" about the dangers of exploding turkeys.

The "Star Trek" legend plays himself in "Eat, Fry, Love," a cautionary tale about turkey fryers.

It's been released by insurance company State Farm in advance of U.S. Thanksgiving, apparently the most common day of the year for cooking fires.

State Farm says Shatner was once a victim of a turkey frying accident himself, making him perfect for the tongue-in-cheek -- and yet serious -- video.

"I once loved this piece of metal," Shatner intones during the clip as the camera zeroes in on a discarded turkey fryer in a garbage dump. "But our relationship ended suddenly."

He's later seen engulfed in computer-generated flames.

"I was young and arrogant. Blinded by my hunger I ignored safety, spat in the face of science," Shatner laments.

The Montreal-born Shatner, of course, has had a storied career as a pitchman, heading up memorable campaigns for Priceline and All-Bran.

In a more serious State Farm video linked to "Eat, Fry, Love," firefighters demonstrate how a turkey fryer accident can quickly result in a large fire.

"(It's) so dangerous you can't even imagine," Shatner says in the clip.

"I've burned myself, almost burned my house down. It's a great taste but you've got to be safe."

The turkey docudrama is the latest of several projects for the busy 80-year-old entertainer.

Last month, Shatner released an album called "Seeking Major Tom," while a "Star Trek" documentary that he wrote and directed made its TV debut.

He also embarked on a tour called "How Time Flies," appearing onstage to discuss his life and career.

Read more: CTV News - Shatner warns of exploding turkeys in safety video
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Shatner-fans Unite! End turkey fryer fires - NOW!!! I love watching the Shatner. I would watch him reading the dictionary, for crying out loud. He just cracks me up.

Seriously, though, thaw those turkeys people. Fire fighters want to enjoy their Thanksgiving also.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Try it sometime with a chicken. 5 gallons of 350 degree oil, drop one frozen chicken, back up. Almost as much fun as 12 gauge slug skipping on the calm lake, or shooting homemade black powder fireworks out of 2" galvanized pipe mortar. Man. That GI Joe flew a long way.

Improper use of your dingle dangle can create problems
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Improper use of your dingle dangle can create problems
    Ain't that the truth! LOL!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

This is funny. I fry turkeys every year and you really need to be on your game or you could have an incident.... much like paying attention when reloading. When playing with flammables it is always smart to be safe, sober, and sane

Yes good one Shatner.

But we need a deep southern U.S. version with the guy saying :

Here, hold my beer and watch this!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links