I hate my landlord.

I hate my landlord.

This is a discussion on I hate my landlord. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is the third time in 6 months that the refrigerator in the house I'm renting has given me trouble. The first time, the landlord ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I hate my landlord.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

I hate my landlord.

This is the third time in 6 months that the refrigerator in the house I'm renting has given me trouble. The first time, the landlord replaced it with a 'refurbished' refrigerator.

Then that broke. (it was supposed to be fixed before I got back from my honeymoon in mid September. It wasn't)
    So, the place that 'refurbished' it, put a new thermostat in it and re-adjusted the seal on the door. And it worked great. Until sometime last night.

Today; went to get something out of the freezer to make for lunch, and half of everything in my freezer is thawed. (No, not half of the contents, half of each item) So, I called the realty company, told them what was going on and to have the owner call me directly back. That was almost an hour ago.

This landlord's being INCREDIBLY cheap has now cost me over $400 in frozen and fresh food. And I'm about to cut him. Deep. This is ridiculous and totally unacceptable.

I have nothing but bad things to say to this man now, and I can't wait to let him know exactly what.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

This should be posted in the Appliance blog's,unless of course you want our advice on which firearm will devestate a refridgerator

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    This should be posted in the Appliance blog's,unless of course you want our advice on which firearm will devestate a refridgerator
    I'm thinking that would be best solved with my 12ga. 3 1/2" 00 Buck shells. 1 in the pipe, 4 in the mag... "What refrigerator?"

But, I can't do that, seeing as I'm inside city limits.
    Guest1 likes this.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    You are experiencing incentive to become a home owner (moaner).

Renting sucks.

FWIW, in my renting days, I let no landlord hang me out to dry. If it was broken, I fixed or replaced it myself. No, it wasn't fair but I cared much more about my quality of life than I did about my dirtbag landlord doing the right thing.
    Inspector71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    You are experiencing incentive to become a home owner (moaner).

Renting sucks.

FWIW, in my renting days, I let no landlord hang me out to dry. If it was broken, I fixed or replaced it myself. No, it wasn't fair but I cared much more about my quality of life than I did about my dirtbag landlord doing the right thing.
    Don't get me wrong- I have ALWAYS hating the prospect of renting. ALWAYS. It's just not possible to purchase right now because I don't have any credit; I don't exist. I'm working on fixing that- in a good way, but it does take time.

RevolvingMag, I bet your landlord bought a new refrigerator for his own home, and wrote if off his taxes as rental property expense. Suggestion: buy your own refrigerator, and take it with you when you move. Might be able to get your rent lower a little if you asked.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot1 View Post
    RevolvingMag, I bet your landlord bought a new refrigerator for his own home, and wrote if off his taxes as rental property expense. Suggestion: buy your own refrigerator, and take it with you when you move. Might be able to get your rent lower a little if you asked.
    Thought about it last time. I am pricing refrigerators right now, and I might have a new one next week- have to wait for payday.

VIP Member
    I hope the mods move this to Off Topic somewhere. It really doesn't belong in Bob % Terry's Place. It is a tad disrespectful of the folks this section is named for. I hope the Mods move it.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I hope the mods move this to Off Topic somewhere. It really doesn't belong in Bob % Terry's Place. It is a tad disrespectful of the folks this section is named for. I hope the Mods move it.
    I'm sorry. I wasn't entirely sure where to put it, and that's what I got to first.

So, someone with the power to do so, please move it.

Administrator
    I moved it. I hope one day people will use the report feature too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I moved it. I hope one day people will use the report feature too.
    Thank you.

Administrator
    no problem. And dont put your landlords head in the fridge either.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    no problem. And dont put your landlords head in the fridge either.
    Why not? It would be the same as just leaving it outside- the thing doesn't even work.
    boricua, Hopyard and CountryGal like this.

Check Craig's list and flea markets. I have found good deals both places.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Why not? It would be the same as just leaving it outside- the thing doesn't even work.
    The landlord or the refrigerator?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links