American Hoggers

American Hoggers

This is a discussion on American Hoggers within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I watched this show last night and found it very interesting on A&E and also took notice of the weapons each of the Campbell members ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: American Hoggers

American Hoggers

I watched this show last night and found it very interesting on A&E and also took notice of the weapons each of the Campbell members had in their possession. Being a hog hunter myself, although many of these reality shows are scripted , I liked the show and how they caught the hogs with dogs. The only criticism I feel is needed was that there should have been more emphasis on the weapons they carry. I like the single action that Jerry Campbell carries and also the double action that both Krystal and Leah carry but do not know what type or model. I wanted to write in their fan page about this suggestion. What is the consensus of everyone in this site?

Administrator
    I've watched the show once. My thoughts are most the people that will watch the show do not care about the specifics of the guns. Heck, I'm a gun guy and don't care. It really doesnt add much to the idea of the show IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've watched the show once. My thoughts are most the people that will watch the show do not care about the specifics of the guns. Heck, I'm a guy gun and don't care.
    Nice to know you're not a girl gun, or even ambivalent about being a guy gun.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Administrator
    LOL, I ought to fix that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Originally Posted by SIXTO
    I've watched the show once. My thoughts are most the people that will watch the show do not care about the specifics of the guns. Heck, I'm a guy gun and don't care.
    The guy guns have those shoulder things that go up I believe.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    The guy guns have those shoulder things that go up I believe.

Michael
    And the girl guns are always double-action only?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I watched this show last weekend and cannot believe there is yet another hog show. Really? How many do we need?? There's this one and then I saw a commercial for another one that have women in it trying to hunt hogs and that's not to mention the best show that most likely started the whole thing, "Pigman The Series".

I thought American Hoggers was completely melodramatic. These people create drama where there doesn't need to be any. I realize that our country has a hog problem but come on people, its not the end of the world if you don't successfully kill a pig. I watched some sort of documentary a few nights ago that was talking about the growing pig problem that's in the country and you would think that they (pigs) are about to take over the world. I'm surprised that the National Guard isn't in the streets right now so as to enforce the curfew per the National State of Emergency that we are in, etc.

To each his own. If you like the show, I'm not going to criticize you but I don't think I have the patience for it - it got on my nerves.

From a gun perspective, they could tell you a little about the weapons but I suppose they're too busy fighting amongst one another to do that... Pigman will talk about weapons and makes no bones about it...his AR is an LMT with a Leupold scope.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Last week the old man said his rifle was a .357 magnum caliber.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

The show is too dramatic for me. I hunt and trap hogs, and my results are better, and much less exciting, than is depicted on the show. As for guns, I use a Mini 14, but have used 30-30 as well. The hogs didn't complain. Handguns ranged from 357Mag, 9mm, 45ACP to 22LR. Now, if they could come up with a Rio Grand area hog hunting show, that would be interesting.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I forgot to mention it in my last post;

As I did say, Pigman's AR is an LMT but I should have said, he uses a .308 and on one show where the ended the pig's life with a knife after they caught him with dogs, he used a big Ka-bar.

The Leupold scope he uses is one he helped develop with Leupold - the VX-R.

I'm not sure what brand of bow he uses and I forget the arrows he uses even though some of the developers tested some new arrows in an episode. He does use the mechanical ones though.

lady Hoggers,I think that was the name of it, starts tonight. From the previews, it wont be the hogs running through the woods that the cameras will be focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I watched this show last weekend and cannot believe there is yet another hog show. Really? How many do we need?? There's this one and then I saw a commercial for another one that have women in it trying to hunt hogs and that's not to mention the best show that most likely started the whole thing, "Pigman The Series".

I thought American Hoggers was completely melodramatic. These people create drama where there doesn't need to be any. I realize that our country has a hog problem but come on people, its not the end of the world if you don't successfully kill a pig. I watched some sort of documentary a few nights ago that was talking about the growing pig problem that's in the country and you would think that they (pigs) are about to take over the world. I'm surprised that the National Guard isn't in the streets right now so as to enforce the curfew per the National State of Emergency that we are in, etc.

To each his own. If you like the show, I'm not going to criticize you but I don't think I have the patience for it - it got on my nerves.

From a gun perspective, they could tell you a little about the weapons but I suppose they're too busy fighting amongst one another to do that... Pigman will talk about weapons and makes no bones about it...his AR is an LMT with a Leupold scope.
    See what "Angry Birds" has done to our country?hand5.gif

I watched one episode, they cornered the hog, wrestled it got beat up getting it tied, then had to shoot it twice with a revolver to put it down; seemed to me like a traditional hunting rifle would have been more effective and humane, and caused less harm to the employees.

But I think this type of hog show would be far more entertaining than be p.o.'ed for the camera whining
    Freedom Helicopter Hog Hunt High Definition - YouTube

Glock Certified Armorer

The one episode of "Hoggers" that I watched had them trapping a hog. I noticed the (attractive) gals carrying SA handguns, but in spite of the hog coming close enough to brush one of them she never pulled the weapon. Do they shoot the dang things, or just capture and rehabilitate them?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The one episode of "Hoggers" that I watched had them trapping a hog. I noticed the (attractive) gals carrying SA handguns, but in spite of the hog coming close enough to brush one of them she never pulled the weapon. Do they shoot the dang things, or just capture and rehabilitate them?
    That is my point that they should start focusing on their weapons just how they focused the show on their dogs. I could have sworn they were carrying double action revolvers but Jerry Campbell was carrying a single action.

Quote Originally Posted by tclance View Post
    lady Hoggers,I think that was the name of it, starts tonight. From the previews, it wont be the hogs running through the woods that the cameras will be focused on.
    I am going to agree with you on that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links