Wisconsin (again) Have you seen any stores etc. posted No-Carry?

This is a discussion on Wisconsin (again) Have you seen any stores etc. posted No-Carry? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I put this in Off-Topic as it's directed at Wisconsin only: Went out with new permit today in La Crosse with wife and grand kids. ...

Thread: Wisconsin (again) Have you seen any stores etc. posted No-Carry?

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

Wisconsin (again) Have you seen any stores etc. posted No-Carry?

I put this in Off-Topic as it's directed at Wisconsin only:

Went out with new permit today in La Crosse with wife and grand kids. We visited 6-7 different stores and two strip malls. I kept my eyes open but try as I might not one NO CARRY sign to be found as of yet. Of course Wisconsin has that new liability law that puts no-carry businesses at risk so that may have something to do with it. I Hope.

So what businesses (or other) have you found posted anyplace in Wisconsin?
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

Applebees in Kenosha is posted.

The entire Bayshore shopping center is posted. Signs are by the entrances to the parking lot.

Applebee's and Pizza Hut in Beaver Dam are posted.

Also the Good Will in Oshkosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yupp View Post
    The entire Bayshore shopping center is posted. Signs are by the entrances to the parking lot.

Applebee's and Pizza Hut in Beaver Dam are posted.

Also the Good Will in Oshkosh.
    In Minnesota stores can individually post but shopping centers cannot. Not sure about the rules in Wisconsin yet. Also believe to be legal the sign has to be at the store entrance not the parking lot and have an owner/managers name attached as well.

After all posting adds a liability issue for the business. Is the mall owner assuming all security safety liability for every store? I think not.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I wonder about how legitimate it is to post signs at the parking lot entrance as well. The signs said something like "No weapons allowed on premises", witch to me would mean they are trying to keep you from keeping a weapon in your car. I'm not a legal scholar, but it was my understanding that the new law gives you the right to secure a handgun in your vehicle. My guess is that a lot of things like this will get worked out in the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yupp View Post
    I wonder about how legitimate it is to post signs at the parking lot entrance as well. The signs said something like "No weapons allowed on premises", witch to me would mean they are trying to keep you from keeping a weapon in your car. I'm not a legal scholar, but it was my understanding that the new law gives you the right to secure a handgun in your vehicle. My guess is that a lot of things like this will get worked out in the courts.
    Wisconsin's CC law is still operating under what they call "Emergency rules" It will all get smoothed out over the next few months I'm pretty sure.

Charlie's County Market in Shawano is posted
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Surprisingly I have not seen many stores posted around Madison. The way they made it sound leading up Nov 1st the whole city would be posted. I only know of the Great Dane Pub so far.

Ok i know johnson controls (global company) is posted, in glendale wi, and i have only seen one gas station in the milwaukee area postsd.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

If experience elsewhere is a guide, a whole bunch of places will be scared into posting. After a year or so, when gunfights haven't erupted in the stores and people start to realize that posting "no guns" is a good way to identify which places are safe to rob, the number of signs drops way off.

Get some of those cards printed up that talk about how you won't spend money where you (and the gun you carry) aren't welcome. Include a summary of the background checks you have to pass to get a permit.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Links