Well, one less range buddy, gf moved out.

This is a discussion on Well, one less range buddy, gf moved out. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I proposed to my gf, she said yes, then three days later decided I hadn't been treating her right for the past few months ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Well, one less range buddy, gf moved out.

Well, I proposed to my gf, she said yes, then three days later decided I hadn't been treating her right for the past few months and just up and moved out and is acting like we never dated. I just started getting her into shooting, even got her her own G19....this apartment is mighty empty now and I don't even like cleaning my guns at the moment. I am 26 and she is 21 so I suppose her age explains some, but we lived together for over a year and blah blah all that cliche stuff so this was a big kick in the shot-shells. While she was right that I hadn't given her the affection she required for the past few months and started to get complacent/take her for granted, I did make her breakfast in bed every morning and took her to a movie every Friday night and out to eat every Saturday night...she was always so appreciative and grateful and loving so when I had my buddy bring the rest of her things to her parents (100m away) I had him tell her she could keep the ring, and all she had to say was something along the lines of she would rather have the $120 sweatshirt I had just got her that I hadn't included in her things because I am returning it, than keep the stupid ring. Really makes me wonder about people sometimes. I might have slowly turned her into this over time with my neglecting her but this was abrupt and it hurts. I think I'm going to go to the range a lot more, it always has seemed to take my mind off of things.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Hang in there, maybe she'll change her mind again. If not, better that you find out now rather than after you were married. Hope everything works out for the better.
    oneshot likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Hate to hear of someone going through a harsh breakup. I was going to give advice but I remembered when I have been hurt that advice doesn't help much. Time helps alot more.

Perhaps a clue to her decision to leave lies in your thread title. Just a guess of course.
    Eaglebeak likes this.

Administrator
    I'll give you some advice based on just your side of the story and assuming that you're being completely honest and straight-up.

> Return the sweatshirt and get your $$$ back for it.

> Get the ring back (since you have a legal right to it) if it was given to her as an engagement ring & she was the one that obviously broke off the engagement.

> The GLOCK you got her was a gift and so she is entitled to keep that.

You were making her breakfast every morning and going out with her every weekend - get the doggone ring back and tell her to take a flying jump at a rolling doughnut.

How was a marriage ever going to work out with her if she ducked out on you now?

There is somebody else just waiting out there that will appreciate you more.

And...thank your lucky stars that this all happened NOW and before she had a Bun In The Oven because then you would be strapped to her until your kid turned 18.

She (for sure) ain't yer forever soul-mate "Till Death Do You Part & Through Sickness & Through Health" Brother.

Regardless of if it all is/was (in reality) your fault (or hers) it obviously isn't clicking.

That's my advice based on your post. Disregard it to your own fate and peril.

And when you get the money back for the sweatshirt....send me $10.00 since I don't usually give out free "Ask Abbey" type advice.

And...you're bonkers for spending $120.00 on a dang sweatshirt in the first place.

"[And...thank your lucky stars that this all happened NOW and before she had a Bun In The Oven because then you would be strapped to her until your kid turned 18.]"

^^^^^^^^That is great Advice ; ) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

QK summed it up pretty good........

There always three sides to stories like these,,,, your side, her side, and the truth.

I'm gonna be harshly blunt here....... suck it up, reconize any mistakes (yours, hers, AND 'ya'lls' made together) and learn from 'em, and move forward. Ain't any of us perfectly 'suited' for anyone else and if the woman your smitten over isn't your BEST friend, and you hers, then "I DO's" should be reserved for one who wants that WITH you.

Just my thoughs on this.......... Dear Abby I ain't
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

No harm, no foul, get out your fishing gear...lots a fish in the sea.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I'll give you some advice based on just your side of the story and assuming that you're being completely honest and straight-up.

> Return the sweatshirt and get your $$$ back for it. .
    > Get the ring back (since you have a legal right to it) if it was given to her as an engagement ring & she was the one that obviously broke off the engagement.
    Big-time....

I'm sorry for the hurt and pain that you're going through at this time, but trust me, it'll pass. IMO, the best thing you can do right now is give her plenty of space. I'd say I wouldn't even call her at all. Let her make every move from here on out; if she initiated the move and breakup, let her work to put it back together, or you'll be the one working to fix every problem that ever happens between the two of you from here on out. Just my two cents, so take it for what it is; just one guys perspective on a subject that has confounded us men from the begining of time.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Romance and hormones will only take you so far. FRIENDSHIP is the thing that makes a relationship last. A long-term girlfriend is NOT the same as a wife. Be sure of the friendship before taking that long walk down the aisle.

Friends don't take friends for granted, and friends don't accept engagement rings and then move out within a few days.

It hurts now, but it will pass and you will find the ONE. Time really does heal. Try to stay positive and focus on the future, not the past.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Romance and hormones will only take you so far. FRIENDSHIP is the thing that makes a relationship last. A long-term girlfriend is NOT the same as a wife. Be sure of the friendship before taking that long walk down the aisle.
    That there is some good advice.
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

VIP Member
    This is what dating is all about. I've dodged many a bullet.

I remember how easily I was heart-broken when I was young, so I feel for you. But count your lucky stars that you're out of this one.
    gottabkiddin and Dadsnugun like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

> Return the sweatshirt and get your $$$ back for it.

> The GLOCK you got her was a gift and so she is entitled to keep that.

You were making her breakfast every morning and going out with her every weekend - get the doggone ring back and tell her to take a flying jump at a rolling doughnut.

How was a marriage ever going to work out with her if she ducked out on you now?

There is somebody else just waiting out there that will appreciate you more.

And...thank your lucky stars that this all happened NOW and before she had a Bun In The Oven because then you would be strapped to her until your kid turned 18.

She (for sure) ain't yer forever soul-mate "Till Death Do You Part & Through Sickness & Through Health" Brother.

Regardless of if it all is/was (in reality) your fault (or hers) it obviously isn't clicking.

That's my advice based on your post. Disregard it to your own fate and peril.

And when you get the money back for the sweatshirt....send me $10.00 since I don't usually give out free "Ask Abbey" type advice.

And...you're bonkers for spending $120.00 on a dang sweatshirt in the first place.
    Read above..... You got lucky dude.....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I understand that this is all guy talk so I wont interject. However, I think that it is important at this juncture to make sure that everyones belongings are returned and all debts are settled. Get the ring back. It belongs to you. She can have the sweater for $120 cash. The Glock belongs to her as you gifted it to her.

Maybe she would be willing to trade the Glock for the sweater? Clothes are 100x more important to girls than guns are.

No relationship is without it's bad stuff. I was married for 14 years to one gal who ended up just abandoning me for no reason whatsoever in the same house. We have a child together but that is about it. You have been spared of this happening so count the blessings my friend. Even though you still developed a "bond" with this woman, it is obvious she no longer feels the same way.

The woman I am married to now is wonderful. She shares in many of the things in my life that my ex-wife would not have even considered.

It will all come full circle. Before you know it, there will be a special lady for you, just do not give up and for Heaven's sake don't start chasing this one again, misery times two isn't good at all.

Good luck to you.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links