Oops + stupid = 2 in cuffs: Shotgun in car at school, violating protection order.

This is a discussion on Oops + stupid = 2 in cuffs: Shotgun in car at school, violating protection order. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Jenkins was at the school waiting for his girlfriend, 27-year old Diane Hall. She was apparently talking with her child's teacher. Jenkins was arrested for ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Oops + stupid = 2 in cuffs: Shotgun in car at school, violating protection order.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Oops + stupid = 2 in cuffs: Shotgun in car at school, violating protection order.

Jenkins was at the school waiting for his girlfriend, 27-year old Diane Hall. She was apparently talking with her child's teacher.
    Jenkins was arrested for carrying a firearm on school property.
    Hall was also arrested for having an active protected order out against her. That order was reportedly placed by Jenkins.
    Couple arrested at Mathews Co. elementary school | WVEC.com Norfolk - Hampton Roads

So you give your GF a ride to school to talk to the teacher, even though you have a protection order against her, and you decide to toss the shotgun in the back seat (I presume). Maybe they were going hunting later.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Weird story . I wonder if something is missing.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Like the black plastic bags and the shovel in the trunk?
    Hopyard and Eagleks like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

What kind of trouble could that kid have been in to need them to bring a shotgun to talk to the teacher? Sounds like parents of the month to me.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

You know, I really should be surprised at this, but as usual, I am not.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Sounds like the makings of a loving family...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Do not know the laws in the State where this happened but in my State of Oklahoma he might not be in violation of our laws. I can park the schools parking lot here when picking up a student so long as I remain in the vehicle with the weapons.

Michael

Senior Moderator
    I'll bet he got arrested for violating the Protective Order. The shotgun was just there,and the fact that it was on school grounds made it newsworthy.

It is deer season in most places. Most people that I know and encounter will have a gun in the vehicle.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Some IQ points maybe?

So she was in violation of the protection order. Court doesn't care if he says it is ok, the judge said it is not. As long as the order is in place you either abide by it's terms or you get locked up. Not rocket science here.
    He probably got hooked up on the federal (if not state) gun free school zone law. You are only exempt from the federal law if you are in your state of residence with a concealed permit issued by your state of residence that required a police background check to obtain. The state may say it is fine to drive around with a loaded long gun in your car without a permit, but that does not mean you can violate the school zone with it. It just means you would serve your time in a federal prison for it instead of a state prison.

I think both of these folks are getting educated.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sounds like the makings of a loving family...

^^^^^^Well,^^^^^^^^^^

The Adams Family they are not.

Sounds as though the kid(s) in this relationship are the ones on the losing end of the stick.

Dumb+Dumb= Dumber.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Moderator
    I doubt he would get hooked up on Federal charges as the Feds usually defer to the states, unless it was a Federal Officer that hooked him, which I seriously doubt.

It's probably just an "add on" charge that they found because one of them was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Anyone know off the top of their head state law in Virginia about having a loaded long gun in a vehicle on school property?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Links