Not Good... Bangers Getting Military Training and Taking it back to the Streets.....

This is a discussion on Not Good... Bangers Getting Military Training and Taking it back to the Streets..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The FBI has released a new gang assessment announcing that there are 1.4 million gang members in the US, a 40 percent increase since 2009, ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By HotGuns
  • 1 Post By SIGguy229
  • 1 Post By SIGguy229
  • 1 Post By buckeye .45

Thread: Not Good... Bangers Getting Military Training and Taking it back to the Streets.....

Not Good... Bangers Getting Military Training and Taking it back to the Streets.....

The FBI has released a new gang assessment announcing that there are 1.4 million gang members in the US, a 40 percent increase since 2009, and that many of these members are getting inside the military

Read more: The FBI Announces Gangs Have Infiltrated Every Branch Of The Military

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Its nothing new really, they have been doing it for years.

A lot of stolen weapons and munitions have been due to gang activity within the military.
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    True.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

This is nothing new...back in '04 I saw gang symbols popping up at Camp Victory on connex boxes. Pissed me off. I wish we could eradicate gang members from our ranks...we don't need them...and guilt by association would be valid proof for dishonorable discharge.

Last year we had an Airman killed during a gang initiation. The whole lot of them should be in a box...either with bars, or buried. We have enough to do rather than dealing with a gang problem in the ranks. Oh yeah...and these idiots vote, believe it or not.
    Harryball likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Gee, I hope we are not headed the way of the Mexican military. I'm sure the cartels would like nothing better than to do unto us what they've done unto Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Gee, I hope we are not headed the way of the Mexican military. I'm sure the cartels would like nothing better than to do unto us what they've done unto Mexico.
    Not by a long shot...

You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member
    Gangland did an episode on gangs in the military: Gangland - Basic Training - (Part 1/3) - YouTube
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    This is nothing new. It's been going on for many, many years. Mafia members, Irish and Chinese gang members served during WWII. Just think of how many served during Viet Nam, when it was common practice for judges to give the choice of "military service or jail". It's a problem that has been around longer than any of us have been alive, and will be going on after we are long gone from this earth.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Well a least if their in the military on active duty they have a job and it keeps them off the streets. Hopefully during the time they serve, some of them will change for the good, given the opportunity.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot1 View Post
    Well a least if their in the military on active duty they have a job and it keeps them off the streets. Hopefully during the time they serve, some of them will change for the good, given the opportunity.
    Unfortunately, most of them continue their thug ways at everyone's expense. They are the proverbial 2% I spend 90% of my time dealing with.

Have you seen a bad apple get better by being thrown in a bushel with good apples? Neither have I. Those who want help to succeed, I do. Those who do the minimum to get by and won't meet standards, I have no use for. The willfully disrespectful or slack need to be kicked out...
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot1 View Post
    A lot of them stay in for the training, and then go AWOL after they have gained the knowledge. But the issue really is nothing new. We had guys from an adjacent unit get busted for trying to sell stolen night vision gear.
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

IMDb - Brotherhood of Death (1976)

I really wish the trailer was on Youtube, looks like it was but was erased
    I saw it before one of the Faces of Death movies, if that gives you any idea of how corny it was.

Links