Presbyopia anyone? - Page 2

Presbyopia anyone?

This is a discussion on Presbyopia anyone? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I will relay this info to my bud. Thanks QK. ~A...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I will relay this info to my bud. Thanks QK.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

VIP Member
    I've started wearing contact lenses since my last post in this thread, and I can say my vision has improved drastically... even though the contact lens prescription matches my glasses presciption. I have clear peripheral vision now, and the issues with my astigmatism have improved. My glasses prescription was so bad that the only point that I could focus clearly through without distortion was smack dab in the middle of the lens. I hate turning my entire head when all I should be doing is rolling my eyes around. That's been corrected with contact lenses.

And for the first time since first grade (when I started wearing glasses), I was able to read the bottom line on the eye chart.

And I can wear proper shooting glasses. I bought a cool set of Wiley-X XL-1 shades that keep debris from shooting around the frame, too. (You can get them to fit your glasses prescription.)
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    I've started wearing contact lenses since my last post in this thread, and I can say my vision has improved drastically...
    I wore contacts for years.

When I started to need the reading glasses I went back to regular glasses, it just seemed weird to have a set of lenses on my eyeball, and another hanging on my nose!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I am looking to order my wife prescription Oakley Range glasses.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

I've been in bifocal since I was 27. Contacts don't do bifocal well. Fortunately I'm farsighted so things are not blurry I just can't read them. So far laser for farsighted is too scarry so I'm going to more expensive and accurate guns. Poor sight + great gun add in a lot of pratice = center of mass. :sterk:

NH, hwo is the big bore you got not too long ago? I too think I am far sighted. My vision is 20/08. I am able to see street signs well in advance of friends riding with me in my truck. I shoot fine but am wondering what can be done as I am prone to headaches if I look at ojects that are real close for a long period of time.

~A
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by APachon
    Prospector, how has it affected your shooting? What is the cost on the Crystal Lens procedure. I have a shooting friend whose eyes are going to hell in a hand backet real quicklike and I would like to provide him with some info.

~A
    Sorry for delay in responding, just got back on this today. I don't know the cost of the lens procedure, but according to the radio ads, Dr. Harvey Carter, in Dallas is first to do the procedure. They also say they have "payment" plans, which tells me it isn't real cheap. I'll try to find out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links