I went with this security company because,

This is a discussion on I went with this security company because, within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I work as an armed and unarmed security guard. Mostly armed. I went with this company 'cause they were looking for security guard for East ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By SIXTO
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By Holdcard
  • 1 Post By Gunsmoke16

Thread: I went with this security company because,

I went with this security company because,

I work as an armed and unarmed security guard. Mostly armed. I went with this company 'cause they were looking for security guard for East Valley, AZ. I was told no armed posts available but, as soon as one came in I would get it.
    Armed also pays more. Now they have hired 2 armed and are sending me further out.
    The posts close to home are gone. So now I'm going West Valley 3 to 4 times a week - split shift.
    Anyway I gave my 2 week notice.
    Just wanted to throw this out there.

2. Remove Ads

There are plenty of security companies to work for, find one that treats you right.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    Dont quit your job before you have another.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Dont quit your job before you have another.
    Straight from my Dads Mouth when I was younger
    ccman likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Straight from my Dads Mouth when I was younger
    Same here, he was right too.
    ccman likes this.
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    +1 on the don't quit before you have another.

But do find another; these guys are not treating you right.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Yea, don't quit until you have another job lined up. But start looking for that other job right now.
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

I am the process of looking into other companies.I just wanted to have some time off to be with my wife for the holidays.Since I haved worked every weekend and holiday.A minui vacation.

Security companies are notorious for doing stuff like that...Some like to rotate staff so they don't become used to a post and get "too cozy" there. It also freaks out any potential perp that's casing the place, especially if they overlap the shifts an hour so there are sometimes more than one guard on shift. I agree with other's remarks...they should keep you local though and not drive you all over creation. Sounds like whomever is in charge of recruitment/hiring is not doing their job to fill slots with local guards. Posts come and go so fast lately, no job is totally assured anyway...one of the reasons I don't work full-time security anymore...You have to have a job that's constant in today's economy. I do keep my certifications up though and would recommend anyone else to also, as even if times get tough, you may pick up a part-time job to help out doing security. I would recommend that you follow other's advice though and KEEP THAT JOB until you have another and settle into it for sure. There are really no jobs in my area of TN to be had other than food industry work or seasonal tourist related.
    I know several good persons that cannot find work at all, unless it is labor or landscaping for a day or so. One person put in over 86 applications and constantly followed up on them. He was wasting more money "following up" than he could afford with gas pricing so high. I once worked almost a year without a "full" day off....it's all in the mind. Make sure you get enough rest and take care of the family, but in the words of a former shift commander: "Vacation...What the hell's a vacation?" LOL
    killingjoke likes this.

I enjoy this type of work as crazy as it sounds.Plus the amount of money spent on equipment.There are at least about 15 or more security companies out here.Will research on company before submitting app.

PM sent.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I've been trying to get a armed security gig in MN for quite some time now. But nothing pays more than $11 here. Totally sucks!

Update, applied at Dunbar Armor. Position Driver/guard today.They had an ad out in carrerbuilder.com. Went their office and filled out an app.Hopefully all goes well,Now the waiting begins. Still filling out app at other security company's

Do not rid of old water until you are sure that you have clean water.

Links