The face (and belly) of Occupy - Page 4

The face (and belly) of Occupy

This is a discussion on The face (and belly) of Occupy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by RemMod597 If his boss is on the up-and-up, then he IS paying income taxes. Pulled already before he gets his paycheck. The ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: The face (and belly) of Occupy

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    If his boss is on the up-and-up, then he IS paying income taxes. Pulled already before he gets his paycheck.

The REAL issue is wasteful spending, not who is funding it with how much.
    Depends on his number of dependants and what his deductions are. Even if his employer is taking out income taxes, he may get it all back when he files.

I condor with you on the wasteful spending. Now, if we could only come up with an universally accepted definition of waste ...
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I am curious what convinced you to think that there is a fixed pot of wealth in an economy. The whole purpose of capitalism is to increase the wealth in the economy by producing things that people want. Your supposition that there is a fixed amount of wealth is perpelxing.

I don't see going back to a Constitutional form of government, getting rid of all the things the feds do that are not supported by the Consitution, as being a king/serf set-up in any way.
    Let me explain it to you:

Healthy economy = Corporation produces product. Corporation hires workers and pays a wage to the workers. Workers have money to buy said product (and other products, real estate, and starts small business?). Cycle repeats.

Unhealthy economy = Corporation produces product. Corporation moves manufacturing of said product overseas. Worker has no job and no money. Worker cant buy product (or any other product). Corporation goes bankrupt and receives a welfare check from the government. Corporations have parties and give out big bonuses. Mitch McConnell raises taxes on workers via payroll tax increase to pay for said welfare check (as of last night). Worker forecloses and loses their home. Banks lose money and need welfare check from government. Banks throw parties and give out big bonus's. Mitch McConnell votes to raise taxes on the would be workers to pay for said welfare check. Workers cant get work to pay for tax increase. Government loses revenue. Banks and corporations still throw parties and pay lobbyists and politicians to keep the money coming. etc etc etc on the down hill spiral.

I can keep going on and on and on...but I think you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    I don't agree. If a person or corporation has made millions off the system and the politics they bought, they should be more in debted to America then the person that is more then likely your customer at some point It should be totally based on income because that is a definate number of what you have gained and taken out of America. You can claim what you put back by "deductions" Duh!

It is very difficult for me to understand how some people want to go back to the King/peasant form of government. Do you all think you are going to be "kings" or something? What is it that actually convinced you to think this way?

Let's put your theory into the business world. You go out for a meal. The meal is over, you ask for the bill.
    The server asks, "How much do you have"?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Administrator
    30 TON of Hazardous Waste and garbage removed from Occupy L.A. location by workers wearing HAZMAT protective suits..

Regarding Human Waste:
    One of the Occupy people warned a cop... "Don't Walk Over That Way...You'll Step Right In Democracy!"

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    "There exists in this country a plot to enslave every man, woman, and
    child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this
    plot"

- John.F.Kennedy
    (Killed seven days later)
    By one man with an antique rifle from the Texas Schoolbook Depository, no less.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Our current economic/political climate is why I've started "Occupy My Pantry/Gunsafe". Trying to walk that fine line to keep them both full.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I don't make $1.5M a year, but I certainly make a lot more than $35K and have not yet figured out how to pay less than 38%, at least not legally and since I am a law abiding citizen I will pay my taxes legally. I also am part of a small company, part owner, that has created almost 400 jobs in the last ten years, and I'm still paying that 38% which this year will cost me close to $60,000.00 in taxes. Just how much more do you want out of me?

I will continue to create jobs as I can, but I can't create them out of nothing. In the meantime I have to create a budget for all properties including the corporate overhead and I can't say anything about a lack of budgets on this board without violating rules about politics and postings.
    38%...I don't think so. You neglected to mention state tax, property tax, sales/consumption tax, capital gains tax, just to name a few (more). If you're like the rest of us who actually do pay their "fair" share, it's probably closer to 50% to 55% of your gross income.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    I don't agree. If a person or corporation has made millions off the system and the politics they bought, they should be more in debted to America then the person that is more then likely your customer at some point It should be totally based on income because that is a definate number of what you have gained and taken out of America. You can claim what you put back by "deductions" Duh!

It is very difficult for me to understand how some people want to go back to the King/peasant form of government. Do you all think you are going to be "kings" or something? What is it that actually convinced you to think this way?
    I appreciate this argument but it also stimulated a train of thought.

If a person or corporation has made millions then they have stimulated the economy. Likely they have been responsible for providing many jobs and have, as a result of spending on a much more grand scale than the average person, paid more taxes in the process than most folks will, and, as a result of their business, they have caused people who have bought their product to pay taxes as well.

It is strange that the elite wealthy are always looked at for what they have by those who have not, but we often fail to realize that if they moved their lives & businesses out of the country, the economic stimulation & jobs they provided would go with them.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links