Here are some more

This is a discussion on Here are some more within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here are some more: -Imagine you are in a room with 3 switches. In an adjacent room there are 3 bulbs (all are off at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here are some more

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)

Here are some more

Here are some more:

-Imagine you are in a room with 3 switches. In an adjacent room there are 3 bulbs (all are off at the moment), each switch belongs to one bulb. It is impossible to see from one room to another. How can you find out which switch belongs to which bulb, if you may enter the room with the bulbs only once?

-There are a few trees in a garden. On one of them, a pear tree, there are pears (quite logical). But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground. How come?

-The captain of a big ship was telling this interesting story: "Once I saw two marines standing on the opposite sides of the ship. One was looking to the west and the other one to the east. And they saw each other very well." How can that be possible?

-If there are 3 apples and you take 2 away, how many do you have?

-How far can a dog run into the woods?

-If you needed to start a very large and sustaining fire and you have kerosene, wood, paper, old tires, a full matchboox, and a candle. What is the first thing you light?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Pears start as flowers?

They are facing each other

Until it stops or hits a tree?

Candle?
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

VIP Member
    Here are a couple of answers. These are the ones I didn't have to think about. The first one requires more effort than I can muster at the moment.

The pears landed in the other trees.

Facing each other.

half way through, then he is running out of the woods.

a match
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Lights- turn 2 switches ON, wait a few seconds & turn off ONE of those TWO. Go check light bulbs, the warm OFF bulb belongs to the switch you turned ON then OFF. The light that is still ON belongs to the other switch you left ON. Third one is left, it is the one you didn't turn ON or OFF.

Fire- light the match 1st.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Yes to some of you

-You would have 2 apples (but the answer 3 may also be correct depending on the situation)

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Facing each other.

half way through, then he is running out of the woods.

a match
    Correct on these

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Lights- turn 2 switches ON, wait a few seconds & turn off ONE of those TWO. Go check light bulbs, the warm OFF bulb belongs to the switch you turned ON then OFF. The light that is still ON belongs to the other switch you left ON. Third one is left, it is the one you didn't turn ON or OFF.
    Yes, very good.

We only need the answer to the question about the pear tree

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
    -There are a few trees in a garden. On one of them, a pear tree, there are pears (quite logical). But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground. How come?
    I don't know about you, but we wrap netting around our pear trees to keep the birds off of the fruit while still allowing insects to pollinate the flowers. It also has the added benefit of catching any pears that fall.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

VIP Member
    There are no pears on the tree or on the ground because the pears were picked before the strong wind came.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    The pear trees are at a cliff and the pears blew off the cliff into the ocean at the base of the cliff?
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

1943 - 2009
    What have I started?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

if none answer correctly by tomorrow I will give the answer

-How far can a dog run into the woods?

Half ways! Then, he is running out!
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

1) Personally, I'd ask for help :)

2) Trees grow in orchards, not gardens... I would assume that the tree was cut down, and the wind blew it away.

3) Man on the west side of the ship was looking east, man on the east side was looking west.

4) You have 2 (you just took them, after all)

5) Half way

6) A match
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
    There are a few trees in a garden. On one of them, a pear tree, there are pears (quite logical). But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground. How come?
    OK, I'm gonna try this one again. I am thinking it might be a play on words. First there is no indication as to how many "pears" were on the tree. However the word "pears" indicates more than one. If this is the case then it could just indicate that there were only two "pears" on the tree. If the wind blew one of them off there wouldn't be "pears" on the tree or on the ground, just a single "pear" in each location.

It's a stretch, but it is my final answer.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

P8riot, that's the answer I came up with.

The fruit disappears from the tree; it is no longer a pear tree, it is a disappear tree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links