Hilljack neighbors at it again

This is a discussion on Hilljack neighbors at it again within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I thought the cold weather would force them inside and out of eyesight and ear shot... Not so. We started the day off with the ...

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Hilljack neighbors at it again

Administrator

I thought the cold weather would force them inside and out of eyesight and ear shot... Not so.

We started the day off with the little yappy dog yapping a 6am- at least they are getting out of bed to go to work.

Then, one of them decides its a good day to run a chain saw for about an hour in the side yard right outside my living room window for no apparent reason.

Tonight was one of the more comical nights though- A full scale family feud took place in the driveway, there was no shame in airing all the dirty laundry at full volume for the entire neighborhood to hear. If I knew ahead of time, I would have filled my yard with lawn chairs and sold tickets.

Then, one of the teenagers, who isn't a bad kid, but doesn't have much of a chance in life because of his parents, came over to borrow some ice. No big deal... right? He says their machine broke and asks for a big bag of ice. OK.. but there are 4 stores within easy walking distance where they can buy a huge bag of ice for a dollar. I tell him this, and ask him if he wants a dollar to go buy ice, or a ziplock back of ice... he chooses the ice. Critical thinking fail.

A few hours later, (just a few minutes ago) the adult son (who is dumber than a box of rocks... I tried to like the kid, he wanted to join the Army but failed the ASVAB ) was outside kicking the snot out of his car yelling at somebody on the phone. I watched his temper tantrum with some delight, until he got a little out of hand smashing the windows out of the car. I had to leave my warm office and go tell him to clean the glass up- He did and stormed off in his now windowless car. He had to of been cold, where ever he went. I'm sure he was cussing me too, as I made sure every last piece of glass was swept up.

I emailed the out of town owner of the house to see if they stopped paying rent yet. (he's a friend) He got a little pissy, I must of touched a nerve. I also offered to be the contractor that guts the house and restores it to habitable condition after the inevitable eviction.
    onehit, swiftyjuan, l1a1 and 1 others like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I'm glad that I dont have any neighbors.
    Guest1 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I look forward to the day when I can say the same. But, for now, I try to make the most of it. If this keeps up, I'm going to cancel the cable TV- these jokers are more entertaining.
    JoJoGunn and hienykins like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    There's usually one on every block. I've been really fortunate that our little block is an exception. All great neighbors.

I once had neighbors (renters of course) who were running an oil field service business out of their house in violation of all sorts of restrictions, code, you name it. We had these huge "mud" hauling oil field service trucks driving up and down the block. I think they were just trying to get paid but probably not having much luck 'cause they kept coming back.

Eventually I had to find the owner and demand that he get the renters out of there. I think they beat him to it though and skipped town about 6 months early on their lease.

Good luck.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    You ought to star in a TV series, "Neighbors." They already have "Cops."
    Hopyard and DaveH like this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    You ought to star in a TV series, "Neighbors." They already have "Cops."
    Hmm... maybe I can use them to become a "youtube millionaire."
    "Just blame Sixto"

Can I bring some popcorn over? That sounds much more interesting than my evening.

How exactly does one fail the ASVAB?

Maybe they were actually taking care of their stuff, and running the chainsaw out of gas for the winter.

It is a tid bit nippy out tonight to be rolling around without windows.
    choov likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Moderator
    How exactly does one fail the ASVAB
    You have no general skills, no idea of how to get some,no aptitude at all, are dumber than a rock, display no common sense and are a graduate of Hillarys "no child left behind" educational program.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Well lets see my neighbor to the South of me had the audacity to bring me over thanksgiving dinner,and my neighbor acroos the street yelled at me while I was sorting brass in my driveway and said thanks for cutting my grass...dang neighbors
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    duka, how do you live with such horrid people?

I have great neighbors, my neighbor next door is a 30 something woman who has two dogs, and a cat, is a humanitarian and does charity work. My neighbor across the street is a convicted felon who turned his life around. He's the one guy with a record that I trust in my home and around my family because I know him well. His mistakes were in the past, DUI's, luckily he didn't hurt anyone but he still got a felony rap. The business next door likes to block my parking spot, I have the curb painted and sign posted parking for 1433 only. They still park there. They block my driveway, stack the street 2 cars deep, don't speak english, and the tow truck driver knows em all by first name. I enjoy coming home in the morning and ordering a vehicle tow.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

SIXTO-

I was sitting here over morning coffee, chuckling quietly to myself over your travails...when I suddenly realized that the beloved old man across the street is in a nursing home now, and his house is empty......I don't think his kids are planning on renting it out though, but in this economy one never knows...here's hoping that someone with some actual means (and a sense of responsibility) buys it!
    Guest1 likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Neighbors, it can go either way!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

How much are the tickets for this show........ we dont have neighbors so we never get to see any action, we have to watch real tv .....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Yeah, I look forward to that time; it is the current goal of our 5 year plan. Right now I just hope my neighbors don't have any who are like that ...
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

sorry, but

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links