Is this justice?

This is a discussion on Is this justice? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Justice, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Is this justice?

VIP Member
    Justice, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I seriously doubt that even half the sex offenders who allegedly molested children have been honestly convicted and are factually guilty. It is just too easy to lie about these things and be believed. Nowadays kids start --with parental encouragement-- to complain of being sexually abused just because mom wanted revenge on some unrelated matter. In other instances folks end up in prison on these charges in what are clearly consent related incidents that the law simply refuses to acknowledge.
    In general, I tend to agree with this statement. But in this case, I believe the story said that he gave a confession admitting to the crime.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Well seeing as you had to predicate your question with a snide remark, lets flip your question around. What do you hope to accomplish with prison?
    That's okay, I didn't expect you to be able to answer my question anyway.

I'll make it easier for you.

If you don't take bad people that hurt other people off the street, they are likely to continue to do so. It is also unlikely that they are willing to be taken off the street - that's where the imprisonment thing comes into play. Once you've done that, it's just a matter of whether you are going to let them live or not.

BTW, I'm still not convinced that you're not just trolling to be annoying, and regret that I bothered to engage you. Out.

Did he get what he deserved? Probably, if he was indeed guilty.
    Did he receive justice? No way. In our society we have laws on how justice is handed out. If we knowingly allow this to happen we are just as guilty as the person who does the killing.
    For those cheering on the cell mate for killing this man. Would you also approve of everyone in society killing anyone who has been convicted of a crime? Would you approve of someone killing a parolee?

Michael
    Hopyard likes this.

I think I'd call it Karmic Retribution...

What comes around, goes around...He got his come up-ins
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    What comes around, goes around...He got his come up-ins
    Come up-ins...I haven't heard that phrase in a long while. :-)
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    That's okay, I didn't expect you to be able to answer my question anyway.

I'll make it easier for you.

If you don't take bad people that hurt other people off the street, they are likely to continue to do so. It is also unlikely that they are willing to be taken off the street - that's where the imprisonment thing comes into play. Once you've done that, it's just a matter of whether you are going to let them live or not.

BTW, I'm still not convinced that you're not just trolling to be annoying, and regret that I bothered to engage you. Out.
    No, I am not trolling. I firmly believe that the prison system in the country is a not only broken, that it is a sick joke. Of course, many would like to improve upon it by privatizing it, which will only create a market to designate people as criminals in the pursuit of profit. Surprisingly in your haste to jump to conclusions, you actually managed to get part of what I would suggest right: rehabilitation. As far as what would I do, well lets see:

I would make prison environments self sustaining, or at leas as close to it as possible. This means that they would need to raise their own food and make their own clothing. Would they have modern conveniences, such as heat, lights, electricity? Maybe. Again, it would be an environment much like existed 150 or so yeas ago. In this environment, the objective would be start with hard, honest labor. Along with that labor would come the rewards. For those that show some promise of rehabilitation, and demonstrate responsibility would come an extension of privileges. At first, these could be simple things, such as a modern convenience, time to watch TV, or any number of endless possibilities. Ultimately, if they didn't learn how to behave and be responsible individuals at home, they will need to be taught. They will need to learn to act with respect and to be productive, have an opportunity to get some education and perhaps once they have shown themselves to be capable, be re-introduced to society at large. At this point, there should also be a safety and support system to help them re-integrate. Ideally, the program that they have been in would go a long way towards that. Hopefully most would earn their way out. Some, however, will not.

The current system does nothing but teach them how to brutalize, torture, rape, and commit worse crimes. I am amazed that it hasn't created an army of hardended domestic terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Something to remember here.... It said he "Raped" the two boy and not "molested".... Not that molestation is less offensive by any means, but rape is usually called rape because it was a act of violence coupled with the sexual act, and because of that alone IMO, death was too good for the piece of trash! I'd like to have seen the loser eat a bullet myself..
    Yep....Justice in my book.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    No, I am not trolling. I firmly believe that the prison system in the country is a not only broken, that it is a sick joke. Of course, many would like to improve upon it by privatizing it, which will only create a market to designate people as criminals in the pursuit of profit. Surprisingly in your haste to jump to conclusions, you actually managed to get part of what I would suggest right: rehabilitation. As far as what would I do, well lets see:

I would make prison environments self sustaining, or at leas as close to it as possible. This means that they would need to raise their own food and make their own clothing. Would they have modern conveniences, such as heat, lights, electricity? Maybe. Again, it would be an environment much like existed 150 or so yeas ago. In this environment, the objective would be start with hard, honest labor. Along with that labor would come the rewards. For those that show some promise of rehabilitation, and demonstrate responsibility would come an extension of privileges. At first, these could be simple things, such as a modern convenience, time to watch TV, or any number of endless possibilities. Ultimately, if they didn't learn how to behave and be responsible individuals at home, they will need to be taught. They will need to learn to act with respect and to be productive, have an opportunity to get some education and perhaps once they have shown themselves to be capable, be re-introduced to society at large. At this point, there should also be a safety and support system to help them re-integrate. Ideally, the program that they have been in would go a long way towards that. Hopefully most would earn their way out. Some, however, will not.

The current system does nothing but teach them how to brutalize, torture, rape, and commit worse crimes. I am amazed that it hasn't created an army of hardended domestic terrorists.
    They called it Australia....look at them now.

Where would you put this correctional Utopia? NIMBY....not without an open tag to shoot anyone who escapes/attempts to escape
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    I hope this type of behavior isn't contagious and reaches my house. If so, i'm doomed.
    Your wife assumes it's just you with a drill press turning your 1911's into 11mm.
    AZJD1968 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Here's the answer to those wondering why he was killed and how he was mutilated.

Report: Convicted child molester was mutilated | Aiken Standard
    Sounds reasonable.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    They called it Australia....look at them now.
    They became an example of a modern, westernized nation with a democratic like governance.
    Where would you put this correctional Utopia? NIMBY....not without an open tag to shoot anyone who escapes/attempts to escape
    Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of Rura Penthe.

That is a good question. I clearly don't have all the answers, how to enclose and secure such a compound is one of many. The prison system is a problem. It is a problem that is growing due to changes in our current society. It is a problem so large that it is going to take more than one person on a forum to solve. However, the current system in the USA has changed little since before who knows when, hundreds of years at least. We can, and should, do better. For a large percentage of the prison population, simply locking them up makes things worse, not better. Make them learn discipline, self control, and the value of hard work. If they succeed, we have all gained. If they fail, little has been lost.
    Last edited by noway2; December 5th, 2011 at 04:54 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    This wasn't "justice", it was "murder" as charged by the proper authorities.

"Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord." Romans 12:19

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Your wife assumes it's just you with a drill press turning your 1911's into 11mm.
    If I had my druthers it'd be 13mm
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links