Is this justice?

This is a discussion on Is this justice? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Everyone hates child molesters, even fellow prisoners. Did he receive justice? Graniteville man serving time for sex crimes killed by cellmate | Aiken Standard...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Is this justice?

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Is this justice?

Everyone hates child molesters, even fellow prisoners. Did he receive justice?

Graniteville man serving time for sex crimes killed by cellmate | Aiken Standard
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

2. Remove Ads

IMO, he got what he deserved.... If he hadn't done what he did to the two young boys (who are now probably scared for life) he wouldn't have been there to be strangled in the first place.. No pity from me.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I'm very careful with the term 'justice'. If it is universally applied, we're all in serious trouble.

What do I see here is an expected by-product of an evil lifestyle.

Did John New strangle his cellmate because Ricky Cooper was a convicted child molestor? I didn't see any particular evidence of that in the story. Even the report of mutilation of the body may not have anything to do with his previous crime. There are a lot of child molesters in prison. All of them have not been killed by their cell mates. If we want the death penalty for convicted child molestors, we can't depend on the "prison justice system" to do the deed for us.

For all we know, Ricky Cooper might have been killed because he snored too loudly.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

In the absence of being sentenced to life at hard labor, it fills a certain need for "justice" with me.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

+100,000,000..........everyone knows if you go to prison for messing with little kids this could happen?? I wish it happened everytime and I don't care if he was mutilated or not....either way serves him right. You don't admit to something that sick and twisted like messing with boys then say no no I want a fair trial....BS....he will be paying for what he did for eternity now.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I'm very careful with the term 'justice'. If it is universally applied, we're all in serious trouble.

What do I see here is an expected by-product of an evil lifestyle.
    Very good point WHEC.

According to the laws of the land, "justice" was currently being served with his time in prison. If "justice" were based on Karma, life for many would not be the same, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    For all we know, Ricky Cooper might have been killed because he snored too loudly.
    I hope this type of behavior isn't contagious and reaches my house. If so, i'm doomed.
    JerryMac likes this.

It would have been Justice if the Child could have Watched

Something to remember here.... It said he "Raped" the two boy and not "molested".... Not that molestation is less offensive by any means, but rape is usually called rape because it was a act of violence coupled with the sexual act, and because of that alone IMO, death was too good for the piece of trash! I'd like to have seen the loser eat a bullet myself..
    JerryMac, SIGguy229 and Guest1 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Jail is not the best place to be for any reason!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Now what they have to do is execute his cell mate also, that gets rid of another dirtbag. Wait a minute first we have to get him a lawyer, a have a trial to see if he's guilty, then move him to deathrow for 20 years. The first killing was justice BUT served up by the wrong hands, IMO.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

When you put yourself in the place he put his self into, you just dont know what will happen. I dont think it said that he was killed for that specific reason, but my guess is yes, or it was a large contributing factor......was he raped before he was killed, that would have been a little better on the justice end, and eye for an eye...
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

VIP Member
    No excuse for applauding any form of prisoner abuse, whether it is guard on prisoner or prisoner on prisoner. It is the responsibility of the holding authority to keep good order. When they are proven to be unable or unwilling to do that, they are as guilty of denying justice as they were supposed to be of giving it out.

I seriously doubt that even half the sex offenders who allegedly molested children have been honestly convicted and are factually guilty. It is just too easy to lie about these things and be believed. Nowadays kids start --with parental encouragement-- to complain of being sexually abused just because mom wanted revenge on some unrelated matter. In other instances folks end up in prison on these charges in what are clearly consent related incidents that the law simply refuses to acknowledge.

I know a man who served time for having sex with someone half his age. And he is married with children too. A stupid thing, yes. Consensual--- you better believe it, in the eyes of everyone but the law.

The only punishment people deserve is the lawful punishment handed down by a court after a fair trial. Prison justice handed out by other convicts isn't justice . It is a crime.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    No excuse for applauding any form of prisoner abuse, whether it is guard on prisoner or prisoner on prisoner. It is the responsibility of the holding authority to keep good order. When they are proven to be unable or unwilling to do that, they are as guilty of denying justice as they were supposed to be of giving it out.

I seriously doubt that even half the sex offenders who allegedly molested children have been honestly convicted and are factually guilty. It is just too easy to lie about these things and be believed. Nowadays kids start --with parental encouragement-- to complain of being sexually abused just because mom wanted revenge on some unrelated matter. In other instances folks end up in prison on these charges in what are clearly consent related incidents that the law simply refuses to acknowledge.

I know a man who served time for having sex with someone half his age. And he is married with children too. A stupid thing, yes. Consensual--- you better believe it, in the eyes of everyone but the law.

The only punishment people deserve is the lawful punishment handed down by a court after a fair trial. Prison justice handed out by other convicts isn't justice . It is a crime.
    I don't know if I would go so far as to say that less than half were honestly convicted, but I know of at least one case where a man's ex-wife testified that he molested their two little girls to keep him from getting custody or visitation of the girls when the marriage broke up. The last I heard, he was serving time in Oklahoma. I honestly don't think that he did it. I'm also suspicious of some of the incidents after the Catholic church started handing out money where people suddenly remembered that they had been abused as an altar boy forty years ago. People lie, for whatever reason, and people go to prison based on those lies. When the alleged crime was committed decades ago, there's probably not going to be any physical evidence. The crime is so heinous that once you are accused of it, going to court is almost an afterthought. I don't even know how you defend yourself against that kind of charge. I'm not defending sex offenders. I am defending people who are serving time because they were falsely accused by people with their own agenda.

But like I said, very few convicted sex offenders die at the hands of other prisoners. If the so-called prison justice system actually worked, there would be no need for sex offender registries.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links