Off topic, not Humor

This is a discussion on Off topic, not Humor within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here's the first few pages of the survey. All of these questions have to be filled out for each person in the home....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Off topic, not Humor

Here's the first few pages of the survey. All of these questions have to be filled out for each person in the home.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Here are the rest of the pages. This is the first time I've scanned with the Vupoint Magic Wand, sorry for the quality.
    Attached Images

Question 8:

No hot or cold water, no toilets, no shower, no sink, no plumbing, no washer or dryer, no indoor plumbing at all, no kitchen, but I do have a cooler full of Pabst and 'Shine, a 58" HD TV with a SAT and 431 channels. What <sarcasm off>.........

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Question 8:

No hot or cold water, no toilets, no shower, no sink, no plumbing, no washer or dryer, no indoor plumbing at all, no kitchen, but I do have a cooler full of Pabst and 'Shine, a 58" HD TV with a SAT and 431 channels. What <sarcasm off>.........

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Actually the number of people living there is necessary for the purpose assigning representation in Government. That is why the census was first established.
    Everything else is to help decide how better to distribute the money they take away from those who actually pay taxes.

Michael
    Isn't the "number of people" already on the regular census? Wouldn't make sense to just get the number of people from the random survey.

My dog ate it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I've received a few throughout the years. Never filled a single one out, they all found their way to the garbage.

I got the "long form" census in 1990 with all the questions on it, I answered all the "census" questions, and since there was a warning all question had to be answered truthfully by law, I did just that.....

NOYFB

Never heard anything back from them

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Survey? What survey?

^^^^^I got no Stinkin' survey.^^^^^^^^

You guys should put a tail on my mailman and see where he's got that locker full of mail he ain't been deliverin'.!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Is it written in standard English or Ebonics?

Maybe you could write "no comprende" across the front and mail it back to them.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The only question I answered was how many people live here. Then I sent the survay back today with this letter attached:

"To Whom it May Concern,
    Pursuant to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, the only information you are empowered to request is the total number of occupants at this address. My “name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, telephone number, relationship and housing tenure” have absolutely nothing to do with apportioning direct taxes or determining the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. Therefore, neither Congress nor the Census Bureau have the constitutional authority to make that information request a component of the enumeration outlined in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3.
    In addition, I cannot be subject to a fine for basing my conduct on the Constitution because that document trumps laws passed by Congress.
    Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)
    “Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [such as the Census Bureau], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190. We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524,―and it cannot be too often repeated,―that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it’s employees of the sanctity of a man’s home and the privacies of his life. As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, ‘of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others. Without the enjoyment of this right, all others would lose half their value.’”
    Note: This United States Supreme Court case has never been overturned.
    Respectfully,

A Citizen of the United States of America"

^^This^^ Is probably the best response, particularly attached to the (presumably) blank form. No doubt providing false information, or "defacing" the form by writing this response on the form itself, would bring more attention (and potential pestering) than the satisfaction of doing so would give.

If I get one, I will do the same!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Foster View Post
    The only question I answered was how many people live here. Then I sent the survay back today with this letter attached:

"To Whom it May Concern,
    Pursuant to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, the only information you are empowered to request is the total number of occupants at this address. My “name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, telephone number, relationship and housing tenure” have absolutely nothing to do with apportioning direct taxes or determining the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. Therefore, neither Congress nor the Census Bureau have the constitutional authority to make that information request a component of the enumeration outlined in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3.
    In addition, I cannot be subject to a fine for basing my conduct on the Constitution because that document trumps laws passed by Congress.
    Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)
    “Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [such as the Census Bureau], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190. We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524,―and it cannot be too often repeated,―that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it’s employees of the sanctity of a man’s home and the privacies of his life. As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, ‘of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others. Without the enjoyment of this right, all others would lose half their value.’”
    Note: This United States Supreme Court case has never been overturned.
    Respectfully,

A Citizen of the United States of America"
    Copied for future use

Would you like to be cited?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Copied for future use

Would you like to be cited?
    I found the letter online while researching ACS. Very informative site: How to Legally Refuse to Participate in the Census Survey | Truth is Treason

I recieved one I figgured it's NTFB, haven't heard from them again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links