Off topic, not Humor

Off topic, not Humor

This is a discussion on Off topic, not Humor within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wasn't sure where to post this question, but have any of you received the american community survey? I just received mine. Opened it...Really? They ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Off topic, not Humor

Off topic, not Humor

I wasn't sure where to post this question, but have any of you received the american community survey?

I just received mine. Opened it...Really? They want to know my name, address, #, how many ppl live here. there name, age, Occupation, income. Do we have hot and cold running water, a flush toilet, a bath or shower.

So I stopped, read the pamphlet. "Yes. Your response to this survey is required by law (Title 13, US Code, sections 141 and 193).

Well, I read the "title codes & sections" they referenced. This survey is not Constitutional.

I see no reason for me to reply.

Wondering if any of you had to deal with this.

VIP Member
    That is a new one to me, if I were to receive one and with questions like that I would promptly circular file it.
    atctimmy and oneshot like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Never heard of it.... but, really.... what convinces you it was really sent by the Govt at all ? Any proof ? All sounds very suspect to me. What's the return address, is it a legite address to which Govt Agy. I wouldn't fill it out.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Is the American Community Survey legitimate?

Is the American Community Survey legitimate?
    Yes. The American Community Survey is legitimate. It is a survey conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Unlike the every-10-year census, our survey continues all year, every year. We randomly sample addresses in every state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
    The survey helps the Government redistribute the wealth.

Michael

The return address is:

DIRECTOR
    US CENSUS BUREAU
    PO BOX 5340
    JEFFERSONVILLE, IN 47199-5240

I read all the laws I could find. Seems they use fear and intimidation to get the information they want. I cant believe this is happening in our country.

Ok..Tomorrow I will scan some of the pages of this survey and post them.
    Last edited by Greg Foster; December 3rd, 2011 at 04:05 AM.

Legit

This is a really nosy and, to many, offensive part of the US Census. If you google the topic, you'll see that you can effectively just say no until they go away. Expect several calls then knocks on your door by a pollster and then by a pollster and his/her supervisor until they give up. No point in arguing, you're simply too busy. Although there are penalties for not replying, they have never (or rarely) been applied. Most people's blood boils when reading these census questions. This information is aggregated and sold to marketers.s
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right. - Learned Hand

If I git me one me'll just tell 'em I got cold runnin' water in the creek, a first grade edication and I make $12 a year sellin' polecat BBQ to gubmint workers that come nosin' around my two-hole outhouse wantin' to know private stuff like how many sister-cousin-wifes I got.

So there.

Really.
    bbqgrill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    If I git me one me'll just tell 'em I got cold runnin' water in the creek, a first grade edication and I make $12 a year sellin' polecat BBQ to gubmint workers that come nosin' around my two-hole outhouse wantin' to know private stuff like how many sister-cousin-wifes I got.

So there.

Really.
    Couldn't be too far from the truth up there in them hills.
    Just kidding.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Unless I have to sign for it, I pay no attention to it.
    Although recently here in Tampa, they summoned 175 people to court who failed to respond to jury summons. They got a cute lecture and an admonition for wasting their entire day.

I haven't recieved one, but if I did, I am almost certain it got mixed up by accident with some papers that were put through the paper shredder.

***shrugs**** oh well!
    killingjoke and atctimmy like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Survey? What survey?
    oneshot likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I haven't recieved one, but if I did, I am almost certain it got mixed up by accident with some papers that were put through the paper shredder.

***shrugs**** oh well!
    This would probably be the best way to go about it. I received both the regular and the supplemental census forms to fill out. I left blank any of the questions that I felt were none of their business. You would not believe the threatening calls I received.

They kept calling and threatening me with legal actions if I did not tell them what my race was. They finally sent a worker to my house and he filled in the race himself.
    It seems the Government does not agree with the idea that a man should not be judged by the color of his skin.

Michael
    atctimmy likes this.

If you don't have to sign for it, it never arrived. A lot of my mail gets delivered to my neighbors.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Whatever you do, don't tell the government "name, address, #, how many ppl live here. there name, age, Occupation, income." Force them to read it off your tax return.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Whatever you do, don't tell the government "name, address, #, how many ppl live here. there name, age, Occupation, income." Force them to read it off your tax return.
    Actually the number of people living there is necessary for the purpose assigning representation in Government. That is why the census was first established.
    Everything else is to help decide how better to distribute the money they take away from those who actually pay taxes.

Michael

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links