FedEx Field Parking

This is a discussion on FedEx Field Parking within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I won a couple of tickets to watch the Army Navy game in the companies luxury suite at FedEx Field through a veterans appreciation ...

Thread: FedEx Field Parking

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

FedEx Field Parking

So I won a couple of tickets to watch the Army Navy game in the companies luxury suite at FedEx Field through a veterans appreciation drawing at work.

Anyhow, the kid and I have to catch a flight back out of BWI at 7:50 PM. The game starts at 2:30 and would be over by 5:30 I would imagine. With that in mind, where is the best place to park to make a quick getaway and be able to catch our flight?

Thanks,

Mike
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Dunno, but a big CONGRATULATIONS on your good fortune! I hope you enjoy the game!

...and a BIG THANK YOU for your service to our country!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I don't remember the name of it but there is a church next door to the stadium where you can park for about $20 and take a short but muddy walk to the stadium. It has been several years since I was there, but I want to say it is on the East side of the stadium site.
    Unless they have made some improvements since I was there, there is no fast get away from the stadium. Probably your best bet would be Landover road which is North of the stadium. You are close to I-95 there but you might actually do better going west to 295 (B-W Parkway) and taking that straight up to I-195 and the airport.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Knowing the traffic in the area all to well, unfortunately, I'd say either change your flight or leave at the end of the third quarter.
    Only giving yourself 2 hours to get from Fed-up field to BWI , return a rental, and clear security in time to catch a flight when an event lets out doesn't sound like good planning.
    I have sat in traffic twice that long for almost the same drive on a couple occasions and that was without event traffic.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    That is going to be tough. I'm a Redskins fan that lives in Vermont. I went to one game at FedEx field and almost missed my flight home. The game finished at 4pm and my flight was at 8pm. Getting to the stadium wasn't that bad because most of the fans arrive early. Leaving is another story entirely. Everyone is leaving at once. I thought taking a cab would be the fastest way in and out, but when the traffic is completely stopped on the freeway there isn't much they can do. Luckily I had one of those cab drivers for the ride home that you only see on TV. He drove on the shoulder several times passing miles of cars that were just sitting there. Weaving in and out of traffic, it was an exciting ride. I got to the airport 20 minutes before my flight took off. It's a good thing I was able to breeze through security with virtually no luggage.

After that trip I did a little research, and now I think the Metro might be the fastest way to and from the stadium on game days. The Metro passes right through BWI and Dulles, and has stops that are a just a few blocks from FedEx field. And the best part, no traffic. For an Army-Navy game you might not have the traffic that I experienced for an NFL game, but I'm sure it will still be pretty bad.

EDIT: I forgot to add that my cab driver earned himself a $20 tip for that ride.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Lead Moderator
    Most locals that are not going to the game stay well away from Fedex on game day! Not sure what to suggest other than some type of public transportation or a later flight.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Links