Need New Knife for Girlfriend

This is a discussion on Need New Knife for Girlfriend within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So my girlfriend expressed an interest in carrying a knife with her to work. She used to carry my SOG Flash II. This knife seemed ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gunguy82

Thread: Need New Knife for Girlfriend

So my girlfriend expressed an interest in carrying a knife with her to work. She used to carry my SOG Flash II. This knife seemed to be along the lines of what she was looking for. Although there were issues. The main issue was the safety. She doesn't want to fumble around with a safety, and I don't blame her. The length was ok, and also the styling of the grip. She didn't want anything overly tactical looking. Also, price point was another problem. She wanted one around the same price as the SOG. Personally I don't mind spending a little more on a nice one, since this is her chosen defensive tool. I would just say it was $50 like the SOG.

Can anyone recommend a folding blade without a safety? Hopefully something with a stronger metal. Wouldn't want the thing to snap if it ever saw use. The SOG has a groove in the front which we both like. Seems to hold the hand in place.

So far I have looked at this gerber knife. Any other ideas?

Kershaw and benchmade are both great knives, carried both with me in Iraq, still have em and use em
    rdpG19 likes this.
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Quote Originally Posted by gunguy82 View Post
    Kershaw and benchmade are both great knives, carried both with me in Iraq, still have em and use em
    I carry a Kershaw 1670, made in USA paid 60 bucks at a gun show. Outstanding knife, assist open, lightweight, durable. (did I say it was made in the USA).....
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Well, I love my Case Sod Buster Jr. It is just a folding knife with a good amount of pressure required to close it and it holds a decent edge. I think it was $30, but it doesn't have a pocket clip and it is pretty thick.

But, what I really recommend is a Benchmade Mini Griptillian. I'm carrying one of these daily and it is an insanely good knife, definitely the best folding knife I've carried. I will say that it does have a safety, but it is sliding button that is extremely easy to disengage unlike those frame locks that I've cut myself on a couple times. All I do with the Benchmade safety is pull back on it (not much pressure involved) with my thumb and flip the blade closed with my index finger. The knife holds an unbelievable edge, is pretty slim and rides well in the pocket. I highly recommend having her try one.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Links