Any old Marines on here?

This is a discussion on Any old Marines on here? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First off once a Marine always a Marine. Second I mean old with no disrespect at all. Now my question. Theres this old man that ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By oneeyedwilly

Thread: Any old Marines on here?

Any old Marines on here?

First off once a Marine always a Marine. Second I mean old with no disrespect at all. Now my question. Theres this old man that really has no one. We are atleast 40 years apart in age. We have become friends over the years & made him part of our family. He comes over every Tuesday & Saturday night to hang out & I think its probably the highlight of his day. We would like to get him something special for Christmas Marines related & I really dont have a clue what to buy. I got him a Marines Zippo a few years back & he still carries it him with him everyday even now that he has stopped smoking. I got him a electronic cigarette & he quit the tradionals.

I dont have a ton of money to spend & hes not into guns & ammo at all so I need some good help here. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jason

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by eyebedam View Post
    first off once a marine always a marine. Second i mean old with no disrespect at all. Now my question. Theres this old man that really has no one. We are atleast 40 years apart in age. We have become friends over the years & made him part of our family. He comes over every tuesday & saturday night to hang out & i think its probably the highlight of his day. We would like to get him something special for christmas marines related & i really dont have a clue what to buy. I got him a marines zippo a few years back & he still carries it him with him everyday even now that he has stopped smoking. I got him a electronic cigarette & he quit the tradionals.

I dont have a ton of money to spend & hes not into guns & ammo at all so i need some good help here. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

jason
    try sgt grit website, they have a really decent catalog as well as gift certificates. He will have hours of fun paging through and im sure he will find alot he likes. Semper fi

I'm a young Marine, not an old one. I will second the Sgt Grit catalog, lots of stuff on there.

Do you know what unit he was with? They make all sorts of products with unit insignia on them. You could get him challenge coins, like one with his unit on it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Yes. Marines always like stuff about their units. They'll stick their units on anything.

You can always go with the classic gift good for any guy; a solid pocket knife.

BTW, that is really cool of you "adopting" somebody with nobody else.
    buckeye .45, thephanatik and YANG like this.

+1 on sgt grit. You will def find something on there.
    Semper Fi

HMM-261 "Raging Bulls" Ooh Rah.

Sgt Grit is place for all things Marine Corps. They have something for every Marine. Art, posters, statues, jewelry, pins, flags, displays. Anything and everything.

Here's a link Sgt. Grit

Under the "Store" link, Click on view all categories to see the magnitude of what they have.

Semper Fi
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Hi Jason -- nice jester for caring about an old Marine. As a Vietnam vet, one of the things I regretted that I left the corps without was my trusty Ka-bar.
    That might be something he would appreciate.
    Semper Fi and Merry Christmas
    From a Marine sniper -- "You can run but you will just die tired"
    Semper Fi

I checked out Sgt. Grit. Really cool stuff... Im gonna talk with him later tonight & try to find something with his unit on it. Ill post what unit here. Never know but heck someone her may know the old bird. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Yes to SGT Grit he also has 8404 FMF Corpsman products I have a few.

HM3 1st MAW 63-65

Being over 60 doesn't make me old, but I will still give you a guess or two. How about a belt buckle or a wrist watch. I know that both are available with various Marine logos.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

Those two links turned out weird, just point and click on them and it will take you to the website.

Saw this book in Barnes & Noble today and it's good to go. All Marines are steeped in history.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedwilly View Post
    Yes. Marines always like stuff about their units. They'll stick their units on anything.

You can always go with the classic gift good for any guy; a solid pocket knife.

BTW, that is really cool of you "adopting" somebody with nobody else.
    Really? check out the ruger marine sniper forum.
    I 2nd the sticking to the unit thing

If he's a smoker, he'd love a Marine logo Zippo lighter. I haven't smoked in 15 years (except for occasional cigars) and I still treasure my Zippo.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links