This IS what's wrong with this country!

This is a discussion on This IS what's wrong with this country! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Arrested for 226th time How can you get arrested 226 times? Honestly, how is it even possible to have a 43 page criminal arrest record? ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This IS what's wrong with this country!

Arrested for 226th time

How can you get arrested 226 times? Honestly, how is it even possible to have a 43 page criminal arrest record?

I mean, after say, 150 times shouldn't they give you a frontal lobe lobotomy or something? At the very least this guy should have had an ankle bracelet or a freaking SIGN around his neck telling people that he is a walking crime spree.

It makes no sense that this guy is out walking around in society, none. Our criminal justice system has failed us, again.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    It really does boggle the mind!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffP View Post
    Arrested for 226th time

How can you get arrested 226 times? Honestly, how is it even possible to have a 43 page criminal arrest record?

I mean, after say, 150 times shouldn't they give you a frontal lobe lobotomy or something? At the very least this guy should have had an ankle bracelet or a freaking SIGN around his neck telling people that he is a walking crime spree.

It makes no sense that this guy is out walking around in society, none. Our criminal justice system has failed us, again.
    That aint the half of it. Literally. Look at the last two paragraphs of the article.

Holder's list of arrests doesn't come close to setting a record for Lincoln-Lancaster County. He's only No. 40, police spokeswoman Katherine Finnell said Tuesday.

A number of people have more than 500 arrests in Lincoln, a city of 226,000 people. The record is held by Edward Rooks, who died in 2004, with 652 arrests.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

OMG! WOW
    Eric

There were NO Guns used to take over the flights on 9-11, IT STILL HAPPENED

Wake up Americans - GUN CONTROL - Means WE LOOSE

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Dang,

P8riot, you beat me to it, I had copied that same part and then say you had already done it.

Do they arrest instead of giving tickets?

652, thats one arrest every month for 54 and a third years.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

It seems that the person would spend so much time being arrested that they would not have enough time to get into trouble.

Assistant Administrator
    I am just amazed - and cannot actually say what I think

Something has to be wrong - somewhere - surely
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    Dang,

P8riot, you beat me to it, I had copied that same part and then say you had already done it.

Do they arrest instead of giving tickets?

Looks like the good citizens of Lincoln-Lancaster County, Nebraska take the law as seriously as those they select to enforce it.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!! It truly does boggle the mind. Tell me why again we should trust the government to protect us?
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    DAMN! You're right. I truly don't know what to say, that number just blows my mind. You could start your life of crime at 18 years old, and get arrested every month of your life until you were 72 years old.

Criminals: Let this be a lesson to you. Crime doesn't pay and it will eventually catch up with you. (When your 72 years old)

VIP Member
    Just remember this, folks, we were just complaining on another thread about the UK giving warnings instead of taking criminals to jail. It is obvious we are doing the same thing except that we are not making a matter of written policy.

Jails and prisons are over crowded. ACLU sues because inmates don't have cable TV and can't get college degrees. The big problem is one of purpose. Are the sentences handed down to criminals for punishment or for rehabilitation? For at least half a century the purpose has been rehabilitation. That is why we have correctional facilities and not penal institutions. The same people who are running public education at the grammar and high schools levels, the same people we hear about at college and university levels have been the people who have educated (I use the term losely) the current generation of judges, legislatures, and wardens. The people who don't want competition in schools even in athletics are the ones who will tell you that the reason someone is a criminal is their childhood or their lack of education.

So they try their social engineering programs on our prisons and fail miserably. What is done? They tell us it is because they don't have enough money. And the cycle continues. The group that is dumbing down our children is perpetuating a generation of career criminals. We all want things to change, but the inertia of the institutions is almost too great to be stopped.

Off the stump.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by p8riot View Post
    Looks like the good citizens of Lincoln-Lancaster County, Nebraska take the law as seriously as those they select to enforce it.
    Wow...what a boost this should be for tourism in the county - for pickpockets, petty criminals, etc.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    Couldn't you, after sayyyy 100 arrests, decided someone is completely unfixable and just keep them locked up forever. 226 is preposterous! How could even the ACLU say with a straight face that "forever" is an unreasonable incarceration time for someone with over 100 arrests, let alone over 200.

Methinks the doc is right, we are just like the UK, only it's not a matter of written policy.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I don't care if all his arrests are for shoplifting gum. At SOME point this guy needs a 9mm enema.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I believe...

Kevin Holder was a Democrat!

ret

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links