US Government Finally Defined

This is a discussion on US Government Finally Defined within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ineptocracy (in-ep-tpc'-ra-cy)--a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of achieving, and where the least likely to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: US Government Finally Defined

US Government Finally Defined

Ineptocracy (in-ep-tpc'-ra-cy)--a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of achieving, and where the least likely to succeed, or even to sustain themselves, are abundantly rewarded with goods and services paid for with the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I like "incompetocracy": People are always promoted to their level of incompetence.

This works in the business world, too. You see, when someone does really well at his job, he gets promoted to a new level of authority and responsibility. If he continues to do well, he continues to get promoted. At some point, he will be promoted to a level where he is incompetent. Since he has such a proven history of performance, he won't get fired; and since he's so incompetent at his new level, he will never be promoted out of it.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Jumpwing, in the 80's a man named Peters wrote a book about this occurence in corporate America. It was, and probably still is, called "The Peter Principle". Think that might have been the title of the book. If I wasn't so inept and incompetant I could find my copy!!
    jumpwing likes this.

VIP Member
    Do remember that it was designed that way; and deliberately so. They are supposed to fall over their own feet. That's supposed to keep us safe from them.
    Tzadik likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Hopyard is quite right: the last thing the founding fathers wanted was an efficient government! They knew human nature and built in the checks and balances (and the general ungainliness) specifically to make it harder for them (ok, us) to mess things up.

We, however, seem to have figured ways to mess things up anyway. What's the line? "Make something foolproof and a better fool will come along"?
    thephanatik and Tzadik like this.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Administrator
    I love gridlock. We're all better off when nothing gets done.

Senior Moderator
    You're quite right about nothing getting done. I just found out that the ATF has LOST some of my forms.

LOST em. Yeah...I'm ticked. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for one dealer to dealer form to come back approved so that I can send a can to him.

Its been several months. Consider that before the big reroganization that occured on June 1 of this year, a Form 3 would take 2-3 weeks to come back approved. Now...it takes several months. It was supposed to cut approval times in half. Like most everything else the Government does, they got worse instead of better.

They'll cash a 200 dollar check as soon as they get it, and still it takes 5,6 or 7 months to get an approved Form 4 back.

Its a crock of bull. Its inefficient, and the system is outdated and virtually useless in its present condition.

I found out a few weeks ago, that one dealer reported getting dozens of forms sent to him...and only two of them were his. I dont know whats up there at the ATF, but I am beggining to wonder what the heck is going on in the NFA world.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    If you have a difficult task to do, have the laziest person you have do it. If you watch them, they will show you the easiest way to get it done.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Sadly, those wonderful words "government of the people, for the people, and by the people" has been slowly and methodically manipulated around to be "government over the people, around the people, and up the people"

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I love gridlock. We're all better off when nothing gets done.
    AMEN!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

My theory is it would be more cost effective for us as a country to pay Congress and the Senate to stay home. Even with the perks, free postage and their current salary. :)

VIP Member
    I'm just not going to vote anymore, I think it is decided behind the scenes before we go vote anyway. From local elections up to the highest office my vote don't count. I saw where write ins were made and the real people didn't do it. I'm through with it all and both parties. I used to be a republican but recently changed to unaffiliated.

Inept? incompetent? Not when it comes time to profit from an economic crisis or major legislation.
    jumpwing likes this.

VIP Member
    Poor Martha Stewart, she's a rube compared to the insider stuff in congress.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Politicians on both sides play the American sheep like a fine violin. It's all a rich mans game.
    gunsnroses likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links