Gun friendly high tech Metro areas

This is a discussion on Gun friendly high tech Metro areas within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I love living in NH but jobs are becoming more limited. I work in storage/backup and am thinking about moving to somewhere with a better ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gun friendly high tech Metro areas

Gun friendly high tech Metro areas

I love living in NH but jobs are becoming more limited. I work in storage/backup and am thinking about moving to somewhere with a better job market. Any gun friendly high tech centers folks can point me to?
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

2. Remove Ads

Take a look at Dallas / Fort Worth. I work in IT as well and there is a very good market here.

Phoenix has a moderately strong computer technology base, but it's more at the component level - Intel and Freescale. AZ also has a lot of aerospace industry (Honeywell, Goodrich, Boeing, Raytheon) that is in need of good people to build and maintain their IT infrastructures. It would be hard to find a more gun-friendly state.
    SpencerB likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Denver has a decent IT community, in the metro area there are large enough companies that they require sizable teams. There are also IBM, HP, Intel, etc (spread throughout Colorado if not in the metro area.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Austin, Texas.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Guymon, Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    Take a look at Dallas / Fort Worth. I work in IT as well and there is a very good market here.
    I would say most of the IT jobs in the area are in Dallas, not so much Ft.Worth.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

A lot of DoD contractors in Colorado Springs with IT needs.

Consider the Seattle area although I wouldn't recommend living in the Seattle city proper. WA in general is fairly pro-gun, at least in the eyes of the law and the state has a law that doesn't allow local municipalities from setting their own gun laws, which makes things a whole lot more simple. Sure, there are a lot of people that are anti-gun, but it's in no way as restrictive as CA or a lot of the north east. Austin was a good suggestion too...

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Austin, Texas.
    Gunslingers get extra points in Austin for slinging guitars too.

as for denver, the city is not very gun friendly, the rest of the state is different.
    TX, AZ, FLA are all gun friendly places

Thanks for the suggestions.. I will have to research the suggested cities and look at available jobs.

What's up with Denver's gun laws versus the rest of the state? I recall they were much more restrictive than other places. I have family in Colorado Springs so I've been out there quite a few times. I hadn't considered Seattle at all but I've heard the cost of living is pretty reasonable. I kind of thought Dallas or Houston would come up, but I don't know if the better half would live through the heat as they have always lived in New England.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

I second Phoenix, great gun laws

Denver is too close to Boulder, hence the brains of Denver leaders have turned to mush due to their proximity to Boulder. Boulder is the "Land of Fruits and Nuts" and many children named "Granola" and "Peace". Otherwise Denver is nice, but has too many people for my taste.

Buy the book "The Places Rated Almanac" to get some great location data, but understand their ranking criteria before blindly following their rankings. A bunch of their analysis is spot on: David Savageau's Places Rated Home Page | Places Rated

Well Houston has the Texas Medical Center which is bigger than downtown Dallas, all kinds of energy companies, Texas Instruments has a campus or two here as dose Compaq and the Johnson Space Flight Center. Other than OC being prohibited (we are still working on it) Texas is about as gun friendly as it gets, other than "Constitutional carry" states.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links