Flip Video???

This is a discussion on Flip Video??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Any of you young bucks know the scoop on these things? My wife wants a Flip type video camera and I'm not an expert. I've ...

Thread: Flip Video???

VIP Member

Flip Video???

Any of you young bucks know the scoop on these things? My wife wants a Flip type video camera and I'm not an expert. I've looked on line at the Flip models and I've gone to Best Buy and looked at Kodak's version of the pocket camera. Anyone know what to buy? I'd like to stay at or around $100.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I bought my kid one, I think its a Sony. ( I dont remember, its in his room, and he is already sleeping) I think I paid like 75 bucks for it last year. It works well and is ultra simple to use. From what I learned, all the major brands are pretty much the same. They keep everything to a minimum in order to keep them as simple, inexpensive and easy as possible. I think as long as you stick with a name brand, you really can't go wrong. The only thing I would consider is what program you are going to use to download the video's. If you already have brand X camera, it would be a shame to have to use another program for the new flip.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Flip is made by Cisco, and they've discontinued it as of this year. It's a decent cheap video camera, and my kids loved it, but doesn't get a lot of use these days.

What I use is my smart phone, which is also why I think Cisco discontinued. The Flip Video is a decent video camera for what it is. It's a little shaky, i.e., and doesn't take good stills. Make sure you get the HD version.

Yeah, FLIP has been discontinued but they're still available for sale. I have a pre HD and while it doesn't get the use it used to (again, Smart Phone is always with me) it did take some good vids. Especially up close you get some clean crisp video.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

They are basic video recorders... nothing for zoom (like a regular full size recorder).

I bought this one http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-PlaySpor...4042823&sr=8-4 and am very happy with it.
    Records in full HD and is WATERPROOF... I use it when we are fishing or hunting. Works as a camera or video recorder.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    These types of cameras, I suggest get the cheapest HD (your preference if you want 720 or 1080) capable model with the fewest buttons. For me, it was the Cisco, can't get any more basic than that.

You're not going to be doing serious cinematography with the thing; it's just something to stick in your pocket, point and shoot. The only thing you might consider in addition is weatherproofing, but that will probably break your $100 budget.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

VIP Member
    OK, thanks guys.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I would just buy a smartphone with a good camcorder function. Chances are you'll have it when you want to use it and some of them give damn good video now.
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

Links