A VERY worthy cause for Christmas, please look at this.

This is a discussion on A VERY worthy cause for Christmas, please look at this. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'd like all of you to look at this site: Let's Bring Em Home! It is run by a guy named Ernie Stewart, who I ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By boricua
  • 2 Post By boricua

Thread: A VERY worthy cause for Christmas, please look at this.

I'd like all of you to look at this site: Let's Bring Em Home! It is run by a guy named Ernie Stewart, who I have known for about 12 years now. He's a very funny guy but he is very serious in his desire to help out Military members, especially those of very junior rank.

Ernie started "Let's Bring 'em Home" about 10 years ago. It isn't anti-war at all. It has one goal, to pay for plane tickets to go home for the holidays for junior service members who can't afford to airfare themselves. The service members request the assistance and the organization buys them the ticket after making sure they are legit.

Last year Ernie bought tickets for 147 junior rank service members so they were able to fly home and see their families for Thanksgiving or Christmas. All the money donated goes to buying the tickets, Ernie and the 3 people who help him take no pay for it, they donate 100% of their time and they buy what ever supplies they need out of their own pockets.

Here is a story on FOX news some of you may have seen. It was on their front page of the foxnews website yesterday.:
    Nonprofit Helps Soldiers Get Home For Holidays | Fox News

Please, if you can, I would ask that you donate a little money. Anything is appreciated by these folks, $5, $10, $20, anything. I donated and I have for 10 years now. This is a perfect way to show your appreciation for our service members who fight for us. Especially for the junior ranks who often can't afford to fly home for the holidays.

I remember what it was like to be an E-2 a sit in the barracks on Christmas Day alone. It is not a happy place.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Mike I'm in.

Confirmation number: 6E038572CN564641G.
    An email with your donation details has been sent to marjack@banyanol.com

Don't have a pot to pee in or a window to chuck it out of but, I'm in for $10

If it has your stamp of approval on it, you got me, especially for something of this nature.

Come on guys lets go and open up the wallets.
    This seems like a really worthy cause.
    Even something small like $5 or $10 bucks.

The soldiers often have a wife and kid(s) at home, and it would suck big time not being there every now and then to see them.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Done. Thanks for the info.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Wow.

I would have thought this would have had more attention given to it..

Where is all the fomer military folks who should remember being in this situation at one time or another?????/
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

You're gonna pay at least $6 for a glass of wine if you go out to dinner; skip one and donate $5...and they take paypal (easy).
    TN_Mike and oneshot like this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Come on guys, I know we can do better than this for our service members! This is a site with a huge membership and alot of patriots on here. Let's help out this cause.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links