Gold/Silver coins

This is a discussion on Gold/Silver coins within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by oakchas I like junk silver myself... recognizably barter ready. Silver markets a bit more volatile than gold... but still increasing in value... ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Gold/Silver coins

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I like junk silver myself... recognizably barter ready. Silver markets a bit more volatile than gold... but still increasing in value... Gold and silver are a store of value.... but, they can be stolen...

Knowledge... that can't be taken away... barterable skills are more portable, more valuable, than any representation of money. It was an argument that I had a long time ago with an uncle of some repute... here's a link to his response:

Trust in Gold, not Government By George Murray

And yes, I'm the Charlie the letter is addressed to.
    Wow....what an insight your uncle had. You are a fortunate man to have had him in your life. Thanks for sharing.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Is it 1964 and before that was real silver??? how about nickels, dimes, and pennies????
    Pre 1964 dimes were silver. Nickels are nickel. Pre 1984 pennies were copper. After that they are copper plated zinc.
    The silver coins are fairly easy to pick out. They sound different when you drop them and when you look at them edge on they are uniform. Non silver "silver" coins when you look at the edge you can see the copper base metal of the coin.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    A few times a month I will go to the bank and pick up 20 or 30 rolls of quarters or halves, doesn’t take long to go through and pick out the silver, I then reroll them after replacing the silver an return them to the bank. With the economy being what it is right now people are digging out the coins in drawers, coffee cans, jars and any where else they have them squirreled away then rolling them and cashing them in.
    ooh...that's smart. I didn't think about that. I might have to try that this week...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links