What do you think about fast food, and what do you typically eat for breakfast?

This is a discussion on What do you think about fast food, and what do you typically eat for breakfast? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 1.) "Fast Food" joints are trying to kill us all - one meal at a time! I firmly believe that. 2.) I wish I could ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What do you think about fast food, and what do you typically eat for breakfast?

VIP Member
    1.) "Fast Food" joints are trying to kill us all - one meal at a time! I firmly believe that.

2.) I wish I could say never, but sometimes when on the road there is little choice. Maybe once per month, and then I try to stick to salads (even those are ridiculously high in calories).

3.) Two scrambled eggs and a whole wheat bagel with lots of hot, black coffee, and 8oz of yogurt.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

2. Remove Ads

Poison.

Once or twice a year. (Throw away the bun, though.)

Two-egg omelet, sometimes with a slice of cheese or a bit of meat, sometimes just with veggies.

1. In general? Fast foods are too high in salt and fats, and sugar if you include soft drinks. They are also vastly overpriced relative to their nutritional value.

2. How often? Less than once a month, and just something with an egg for breakfast.

3. Typical breakfast is oatmeal, OJ and coffee on workdays.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Typical breakfast: Whole wheat toast with 2 organic eggs (from my next door neighbor) and some orange juice.
    I eat fast food only from subway and blimpies, perhaps once every two months. They offer fresh offerings and a plain sandwich is better for you then some of the salads served elsewhere. Generally, I pack my lunch so I know what's in it.
    I haven't been to a typical fast food joint (McDonalds, Wendy's, etc) in 8 - 10 years. I have lost 60 pounds in 4 years.

1...FF is bad for your heart, blood pressure, and cholestrol.

2...almost daily for breakfast

3...sausage and cheese biscuit/muffin
    Sig Sauer P250
    Member-GeorgiaCarry.org
    US Navy 84-93

How do you feel about fast food in general? (the stereotypical stuff like McDonalds, Burger King, etc)

Too much fat and salt. Never looks like the food in the commercials!

How often do you eat fast food? (daily, weekly, monthly, never?)

Almost never.

And what do you typically have for breakfast?

Same thing everyday: Kashi Go Lean cereal w/ unsweetened almond milk and blueberries.
    1 egg.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    This is about as off topic as it gets, but I'm doing some research for an article. It'd be awesome if you can take 30 seconds to answer three quick questions for an old friend. Hope you all are doing well, Thanks!

How do you feel about fast food in general? (the stereotypical stuff like McDonalds, Burger King, etc)

It's loaded with fat and salt not to mention lips & you know. I wouldn't feed it to my dog. Except for McRibs.

How often do you eat fast food? (daily, weekly, monthly, never?)

Rarely!

And what do you typically have for breakfast?
    My rotation is usually eggs with sausage or bacon, pancakes or waffles with blueberries, strawberries or peaches, or oatmeal with fresh fruit and brown sugar. This morning I had Swedish pancakes with fresh Door County cherry compote. My wife freezes fresh cherries we pick in DC, WI., Fresh peaches from Calhoun Co., IL and blueberries from wherever we can pick them. We eat a lot of fresh strawberries during the FL. season.

FAST FOOD -- a 10 point buck that has been spooked......awfull good eating, if your good shooting.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I see it as a necessary evil.

I only ever have it for breakfast, and very rarely for lunch. Those times, it's when I don't have time for anything else and have to get food on the way from one place to another. There was a time I was working a lot and would eat fast food two or three times a week.

I think it's very bad food, but slightly better than not eating at all.

I rarely eat breakfast, so when I do resort to fast food, it's usually a late breakfast and out of desperation.

By the way, there is one exception to this rule. McDonald's Egg McMuffins are the perfect hangover cure.

Now that I work from home and have a flexible schedule, I've gone back to eating fast food at most one time a month, again, if I'm pinched for time and absolutely have to.

It is horrible. If a pack of gum costs more than your burritto, what do you think you are eating? It isn't meat!

National chains- NEVER I haven't had a BK, McDonalds, Wendy's etc for about 7 or 9 years local establishments, a lot

Cereal or protein shake
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

1. Fast food in general is so-so, but you can pick out the good and ignore the bad at almost any fast food joint.
    2. I'll eat it anytime as long as it's not meat or dairy.
    3. Coffee with almond milk, toast w/smart balance or vegan fruit pie, home-blended fruit/veggie drink.

No meat / no dairy keeps the weight off for me. Everything else is a go, even sweets.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Distinguished Member
    1. It works for what it is, but everything in moderation, all those calories, carbs and fat aren't helping anything.
    2. Maybe once or twice a week, generally Taco Bell, sometimes Wendy's or Subway, almost never anything else.
    3. Coffee
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

1. If you aren't a couch slug, it's not a magical elixir that will make you obese, raise your BP, and cause congestive heart failure. Everything in moderation, and stay active. Some of it is damn tasty.
    2. 2-3 times a week
    3. 3 poached eggs, 1 slice of dry toast made with Orowheat 12 grain bread, green chili, large glass of OJ. If in a hurry, a bowl of Raisin Bran and OJ instead.

1- I don't care for it any more, but there have been times when I have had the cravings for some.
    2- I have not been in a fast food restaurant since Sept 2010.
    3- I eat anything that I want, but usually is only coffee on my walk to work and a banana or instant cream of wheat later in the morning. I do cook something traditional for breakfast on the weekends (oatmeal, eggs, bacon, etc.)
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Thanks for the input! Personally, I love the stuff. I've dropped 92 lbs eating fast food more than once/day one average. I usually have an Egg McMuffin for breakfast. For me, it's about the choices made, and I believe that what most people eat as a "healthy" breakfast, really isn't.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links