What do you think about fast food, and what do you typically eat for breakfast?

This is a discussion on What do you think about fast food, and what do you typically eat for breakfast? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; By the way, Burger King's new Fries are pretty good....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What do you think about fast food, and what do you typically eat for breakfast?

By the way, Burger King's new Fries are pretty good.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

2. Remove Ads

1) There are some which aren't too bad - Arby's, Subway, and the like. When I came back from Vietnam, some of my buddies couldn't wait to go to McDonalds. Personally, I wanted a glass of cold mile - not reconstituted, powdered or condensed - real milk. I avoided Mickey D's.

2) Very seldom, and then Arby's or Subway.

3) An egg, piece of rye toast with butter and a grapefruit or whatever citrus is available.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

How do you feel about fast food in general? (the stereotypical stuff like McDonalds, Burger King, etc)
    I like most of it... I know it's not good for me...

How often do you eat fast food? (daily, weekly, monthly, never?)

Used to be daily... now maybe monthly or bi weekly...

And what do you typically have for breakfast?

Cereal at home.

I lived on Double Beef Cheese Whoppers for a few years... Well not quite lived on them but probably twice a week.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    This is about as off topic as it gets, but I'm doing some research for an article. It'd be awesome if you can take 30 seconds to answer three quick questions for an old friend. Hope you all are doing well, Thanks!

How do you feel about fast food in general? (the stereotypical stuff like McDonalds, Burger King, etc) Its crap

How often do you eat fast food? (daily, weekly, monthly, never?)Never

And what do you typically have for breakfast?Jack links beef jerky (original) and a V8

Hope this helps

It's semi-digestible poison.

Once or twice a year.

Eggs with veggies or left over meat and veggies.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

VIP Member
    How do you feel about fast food in general? (the stereotypical stuff like McDonalds, Burger King, etc)
    Unhealthy.

How often do you eat fast food? (daily, weekly, monthly, never?)
    Once every couple of months when no other alternatives are readily available.

And what do you typically have for breakfast?
    Toast, nuts, cheese, fruit, dairy, meat, one or some combination of all of these.

1) Bad but I do eat it rarely, usually travelling.
    2) Less than once a month.
    3) Oatmeal, eggs, "healthy" cereal, coffee. But always eat something for breakfast.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

1. Crap
    2. maybe once every few months if I've been at work far too long and forgot my second breakfast, elevensies, lunch etc...Yes, food is probably half my paycheck.
    3. glass of water when I first wake up then breakfast is usually 2 of my eggs(birds are Red Stars from McMurray Hatchery), 2 or 3 slices of bacon, granola bar and a glass of extra pulp oj(and no I'm not one of those egg white only weenies) - Triglycerides? Cholesterol? What are those? Still beats that crap that passes for food at MCDon'ts and BoogerKing.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

If you want really good fast food it's 5 Guys for burgers. Firehouse Subs for subs, and Chik-fil-a for chicken.

Weekly

Coffee and a Wrap from Wawa's
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Some of these answers are odd - e.g. what do you think of ff? "awful, terrible for health." how often do you eat it? "all the time."

What?

1. Most fast food doesn't really taste that bad, but...
    2. I never eat McD's, Wendy's, BK, Arby's, etc. I do go to Chipotle on the reg, but that place is legit. Five guys is not fast food; they cook to order. Firehouse is borderline; they kind of cook to order. Neither are very fast, both are pretty good.
    3. Dudes, breakfast is good to go. It needs to be eaten to "break the fast," i.e jump start your metabolism. It's the one meal of the day where you can get away with eating some carbs. I eat a variation of eggs, oatmeal, fruit, nuts, and cottage cheese depending on how I'm feeling. I always drink a glass of water when I get up, and I usually drink a couple cups of black coffee a day.

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    1. Greasy, nasty stuff that should only be eaten when starving to death is emanate.
    2. Every 2 weeks, Subway is the only fast food that gets my business,
    3. 2 1/4 cup Kirkland egg whites on 2 bagel thins with slices of Kirkland cheese and Kirkland Ham lunch meat. You asked. I've lost 50 pounds in the last 6 months and still headed South. Cut out fast food, watching my calories and exercising.
    Awesome Job, Muddy!
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'll answer your questions if you answer mine... Where have you been?

1) I have a rule about not eating anything that somebody else tosses out a window, even if it does land in mine.

2) Rule one is often broken. A lot of times, I dont have much of a choice. (weekly)

3) Fruit and V8.

LOL, I musta missed this in my typical haste of late. Life changes...I do much more work at work than I used to, which really interferes with my social networking time. Got divorced and busy spending all of my non-work time working out and trying to manage life as a single dad. I've dropped 92pounds and am training for an Ironman Triathlon. I've missed this place...Good to know I was missed too.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Fast food isn't even really food. It's the creation of people called, I kid you not, "food scientists." You should see how they make it; you'd never eat it again. It's like a PlayDoh Fun Factory, only with heavily processed meat scraps. Chicken Nuggets and Rib sandwiches don't come in uniform shapes; they're molded that way.

I eat it maybe once or twice a year, if I'm desperate.

Breakfast is usually an apple, orange, or banana. Sometimes eggs. Always coffee.

I like 95% of fast food out there. I know it's food, it ain't gourmet, and it ain't health food. Like all things it is ok in moderation. I haven't found moderation yet, but I've been looking. That ******* that ate fast food for 30 straight days and then whines needs to be shot. A flipping rock could tell you that ain't good for you

Less than I used to but maybe 3 times a week.

Mountain Dew and if I'm lucky I might have time and money to grab a couple of sausage, egg, and cheese burritos from Wendy's DT.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Steve666 View Post
    By the way, Burger King's new Fries are pretty good.
    I think they suck. Funny how Wendy's and Burger king keep changing their fries and neither one has ever been as good as Mc Donalds fries.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links