What do you think about fast food, and what do you typically eat for breakfast?

This is a discussion on What do you think about fast food, and what do you typically eat for breakfast? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is about as off topic as it gets, but I'm doing some research for an article. It'd be awesome if you can take 30 ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What do you think about fast food, and what do you typically eat for breakfast?

What do you think about fast food, and what do you typically eat for breakfast?

This is about as off topic as it gets, but I'm doing some research for an article. It'd be awesome if you can take 30 seconds to answer three quick questions for an old friend. Hope you all are doing well, Thanks!

How do you feel about fast food in general? (the stereotypical stuff like McDonalds, Burger King, etc)

How often do you eat fast food? (daily, weekly, monthly, never?)

And what do you typically have for breakfast?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

2. Remove Ads

It is horrible for your system!

Daily - but I try to find the healthier fast food places (crazy bowls & wraps and order the healthier side of the menu)

Coffee
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I am underimpressed. I saw a movie once in which a time traveler from the past thought that the food at McDonalds was made from the same plastic as the furniture. I can't see that he was far wrong.
    I usually end up with something on a weekly basis.
    Coffee and a large glass of V8 juice.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

1. Greasy, nasty stuff that should only be eaten when starving to death is emanate.
    2. Every 2 weeks, Subway is the only fast food that gets my business,
    3. 2 1/4 cup Kirkland egg whites on 2 bagel thins with slices of Kirkland cheese and Kirkland Ham lunch meat. You asked. I've lost 50 pounds in the last 6 months and still headed South. Cut out fast food, watching my calories and exercising.
    Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.

It is generally low quality, loaded with additives, and bad for the body overall;

Once a month AT most only in an emergency;

That damn Fiber One cereal stuff

Administrator
    I'll answer your questions if you answer mine... Where have you been?

1) I have a rule about not eating anything that somebody else tosses out a window, even if it does land in mine.

2) Rule one is often broken. A lot of times, I dont have much of a choice. (weekly)

3) Fruit and V8.
    l1a1 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    1. I'm no health nut, but I hate ff and avoid it.
    2. Every Sunday after church (lunch with extended family)
    3. Usually nothing - Unless it's Christmas time, in which case it's anything from cookies, cakes and deer products (munching on a stick of deer summer sausage as I type this).

mrm
    1. Really dont like it at all for the most part.
    2. Usally 3 to 5 times a week as I live in a hotel those days working out of town
    3. Usually a granola bar or toast.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

I only eat fast food when I don't feel like cooking,maybe once every 2 weeks,unless were riding bikes somewhere,then we eat at whataburgers,unless were riding to eat at a special restaurant,
    Coffee
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

How do you feel about fast food in general? (the stereotypical stuff like McDonalds, Burger King, etc)
    I'm not above an occasional Burger King or Wendys stop but never McDonalds.

Probably less often than monthly.

Oatmeal, eggs, toast, and coffee would be normal fare at my house.

I am a bit of a health nut, and I have no problem with fast food. When consumed in moderation, and combined with regular exercise.

It's quite common for me to have a "fast food" night, about once a week. BK is across the street from the gym, so I grab some double cheeseburgers and fries, go home, and crash out in front of the TV. What really gets to me is when I start grabbing fast food more than that, usually traveling, or busy/stressful weeks.

Breakfast for me is usually a toasted bagel w/ peanut butter, OJ, banana, and coffee.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    This is about as off topic as it gets, but I'm doing some research for an article. It'd be awesome if you can take 30 seconds to answer three quick questions for an old friend. Hope you all are doing well, Thanks!

Fast food is bad for you, makes you put on weight and generally has no redeeming value. Too much fried food and other high fat foods in fast food restaurants.

Several times per week.

Sausage, Egg and Cheese biscuit with OJ
    Last edited by ksholder; December 20th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

#1. Have slowed down on the "fast food" stuff in recent years, prefer to fix things and eat at home if possible. The stuff they chuck out is getting less like food and more like preservatives.

#2. Occasionally I will go to Wendy's, Arbys, Pizza Hut. Sometimes in the evenings, the wife and I will go to Mexican, Chinese resturants or the local Cheddars in Ashland, KY.

#3. Seldom. Even though breakfast is perhaps the most important meal of the day. I do sit at the PC in the morning before heading out, drinking coffee and eating a few pieces of wheat bread toast with butter and honey and get my morning fix of Defesive Carry before facing the day. Sometimes on Saturday mornings I will arise and fix a nice breakfast for me and my wife, consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon (cooked in the oven on a metal tray) fried potatoes, toast and some fruit juice to compliment the coffee. Then we don't eat until very late in the day.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Fast food is horrible for you, but it's not gonna kill you to eat it every once in a while, especially with a good exercise regimen.

I eat it 1 or 2 times per week.

I dont usually eat breakfast...i drink about 4 cups of coffee
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

almost never, sometimes when on a long road trip the crappy fast food is your only option. my wife has had some decent salads in the FF joints

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links