No humor at all... tragic.

This is a discussion on No humor at all... tragic. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by adric22 Wow.. It is amazing that a muzzle loader would still be that lethal at a mile and a half. Also, consider ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: No humor at all... tragic.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Wow.. It is amazing that a muzzle loader would still be that lethal at a mile and a half. Also, consider the math involved. Your in a rural area. You shoot a single shot into the air. What is the likelyhood that it will not only hit somebody, but kill them? Murphy was definitely visiting their town that day.
    Exactly, what are the odds of hitting an erratically, moving "target" from that distance? Astronomical...

My cousin introduced me to McClanahan, who claimed Murphy was an optimist.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

The negligent shot must have been let loose at lower angle than what the news story simply called "fired into the air". Especially for the gun and the buggy to be more than a mile away from each other.

Very sad story, but regardless, when that bullet comes out the end of your gun, you are responsible, untill it stops, or at least that is the way it is here in Ky.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I would hate to have something like this on my conscience but IMO a third year law student could present a winning defense. I'm guessing the shooter turned himself in and then talked to the police. How else could they know who did it?

Assuming he was using a patch or a sabot there would be no ballistics and since the buggy was moving they wouldn't even have the crime scene.
    The shooter did not turn himself in! His neighbors recalled hearing a shot around the time the girl was shot and reported it.The discharging of a firearm into the air that kills somebody would probably bring charges of either involuntary,or criminally negligent homicide.
    This should be a warning to people that think firing a warning shot in a SD situation is a good idea.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

So sorry for those involved. A sad, tragic event.

Never violate gun safety rules. I sometimes shoot from behind my house, as there are no houses for at least a dozen miles, with none visible even with optics. There is also a mountain between me and them. Still, I never shoot in the air with anything more than birdshot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links