Perry Suggested He Carries A Concealed Firearm

This is a discussion on Perry Suggested He Carries A Concealed Firearm within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Someone actually put out a 'coyote' model of the LCP. Heard it sold out really quickly....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Perry Suggested He Carries A Concealed Firearm

Someone actually put out a 'coyote' model of the LCP. Heard it sold out really quickly.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dooga View Post
    Can Senators or Congressmen carry all 50 & DC or are they under the same laws as we are WRT reciprocity, state CCW law, etc?
    Though they all like to think they are special, I think they all must follow each states' laws, including reciprocity. Though in the "who you kidding, we don't hardly issue permits" states, their congresscritters can certainly get a permit when the average citizen cannot.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Rick Perry definitely carries. Not only does he shoot critters that mess with him and his dog while jogging, he has even been known to take young reporters to the range and teach them how to shoot.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pkupmn98 View Post
    Someone actually put out a 'coyote' model of the LCP. Heard it sold out really quickly.
    Is that what he was carrying? An LCP?

It is said Susana martinez governor of new Mexico carries. I know it was published that she scored 100% on her ccw permit test.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Is that what he was carrying? An LCP?
    Yes, with the laser. Tom Gresham from GunTalk interviewed him shortly after if happened. You can still get the podcast if you search for it.

I know the local Representative carries. I don't really want to "out" her any more than she already had done herself.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dooga View Post
    Can Senators or Congressmen carry all 50 & DC or are they under the same laws as we are WRT reciprocity, state CCW law, etc?
    You might remember that Jim Webb's aide Mike Davenport got busted by the Capitol police for having a gun in a briefcase. There was some confusion who's gun it actually was. I read somewhere that CongressCritters who wanted to carry in the old days used to get special commissions from the Dept. of Justice. I suppose you could always become a reserve Deputy at your local jail but I've heard some jurisdictions (used to?) only allow on duty visiting LEOs to carry, like for prisoner pickups.

Here's some thoughts for other posters:

Lets say Bob the Republican gets the nod and goes against Obama in a debate. Do you really think the SS is going to search him before they shake hands?

Do you really think the SS is going to tell POTUS that he is forbidden to CC? They can strongly suggest, but in the end the POTUS gets to have his way from what I've heard.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I don't know about many of West Virginia's representatives, but Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) sure is pro 2A. Our former Governor turned Senator is a member of the NRA, lifelong hunter, gun owner and has signed much legislation on helping our Castle Doctrine and concealed carry laws. I would suspect he also has a hand gun, permit and carries it when it's legal to do so.

Rep. Nick Rahall (D-WV) also is a 2A and gun rights supporter as well.

They probably can't in Washington, DC. though.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Ruger made the LCR in a governor model. Perry has been known to carry a concealed weapon for a number of years. Great guy in favor of the 2nd amendment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links