The silly things some people beleive!

This is a discussion on The silly things some people beleive! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I once had a girlfriend whom I convinced that curb feelers were made to help blind people drive! I didn't date her for the intelligent ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The silly things some people beleive!

VIP Member
    I once had a girlfriend whom I convinced that curb feelers were made to help blind people drive!

I didn't date her for the intelligent conversation....

2. Remove Ads

I was deer hunting with a buddy of mine right after the "fall back" time change. He was annoyed that we would probably not see any deer for a week or so. Because they were moving 30 minutes before dark the week before, he said they were probably moving 30 minutes after dark now and it might take them a week to adjust. Since they were moving about 7:00 or so the week before and now it was getting dark at 6:30. I just stared at him for a few seconds. Then I told him I did not think the deer had watches.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevem174 View Post
    And people wonder why I interview doctors before they treat me.

^^^^^^^^^HECK^^^^^^^^^^

After that, tid-bit of information( by the doctor) I think I'm better of making my next appointment with the villiage Shaman

I am also curious where the good doctor lives, as I hope he isn't mine.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I know a guy that thought you could hold the trigger back on a Glock 26 and move the slide back and forth to rapid fire, and I quote the idiot,"like a machine gun"
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Wow, "Glock-fanning" - new life to this thread

I can't believe that you don't beieve it!!!

VIP Member
    I know people that think you need a .338 Ultra Mag to kill a whitetail.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    Hey spelling Nazi...you messed up your html to make things italic ... I believe.
    and the irony continues... lol
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm still looking for that "Heat seeking bullets" the one Congress-woman said was one reason for banning AR's.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I was deer hunting with a buddy of mine right after the "fall back" time change. He was annoyed that we would probably not see any deer for a week or so. Because they were moving 30 minutes before dark the week before, he said they were probably moving 30 minutes after dark now and it might take them a week to adjust. Since they were moving about 7:00 or so the week before and now it was getting dark at 6:30. I just stared at him for a few seconds. Then I told him I did not think the deer had watches.
    You said it! Also, why do they keep putting those "Deer Crossing" signs right where the deer all get hit, you'd think they'd move them to a safer location!
    chiefjason likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Regarding bullets in a fire.

The Mythbusters are not totally right about ammo and heat, at least not in my observation. They are right that loose bullets will likely blow out on the side of the case. In my fire where I lost some significant ammo, I had some bullets flying around, granted they were not nearly at muzzle velocities but they were there. I found many empty cartridge case, typical of being fired, I found holes in tin and spam cans. I found bullets clearly laying on top of my road 100+ feet away from the fire, no cartridge case were ever found anywhere at that distance.

I believe if the ammo is heated while tightly packed, some can have the tendency to fire the bullet rather than pop the side of the case. The Mythbusters (I enjoy their show) only showed loose ammo being heated.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I once had a girlfriend whom I convinced that curb feelers were made to help blind people drive!

I didn't date her for the intelligent conversation....
    Yea I know someone who had his G/F conviced the 4" S&W revolver had a 8" barrell ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links