The silly things some people beleive!

This is a discussion on The silly things some people beleive! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This will make you laugh. A couple of weeks ago I was at the range, shooting with a few others. Really, we were shooting the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The silly things some people beleive!

VIP Member

This will make you laugh.

A couple of weeks ago I was at the range, shooting with a few others. Really, we were shooting the breeze more than the targets. So, a few of us were standing around, stomping our feet , rubbing our hands and complaining about the cold weather. It was in the high 20’s, so we weren’t all THAT cold.

One guy was saying that he really missed the heated seat in his car. Another fellow, whom I don’t know very well – a doctor, I think, shook his head vigorously and said, in all seriousness, that he would NEVER use the seat heater in his SUV. The first guy looked at him questioningly and asked why not. The second said, “Well, I carry my gun on my belt. I wouldn’t want the bullets to get hot and explode.”

The rest of us got really warm laughing about THAT!

**Looking for other "silly belief" stories.**
    Last edited by RoadRunner71; December 21st, 2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: ETA
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

That sounds like something that would happen to the Coyote. I'm curious RoadRunner. where in Michigan are you? I'm sitting in my office in Allegan.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    That sounds like something that would happen to the Coyote. I'm curious RoadRunner. where in Michigan are you? I'm sitting in my office in Allegan.
    Get to work man!

(Posted from my office in Dayton, Ohio...)
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Now I don't care who you are, that there's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    This will make you laugh.

A couple of weeks ago I was at the range, shooting with a few others. Really, we were shooting the breeze more than the targets. So, a few of us were standing around, stomping our feet , rubbing our hands and complaining about the cold weather. It was in the high 20’s, so we weren’t all THAT cold.

One guy was saying that he really missed the heated seat in his car. Another fellow, whom I don’t know very well – a doctor, I think, shook his head vigorously and said, in all seriousness, that he would NEVER use the seat heater in his SUV. The first guy looked at him questioningly and asked why not. The second said, “Well, I carry my gun on my belt. I wouldn’t want the bullets to get hot and explode.”

The rest of us got really warm laughing about THAT!
    And people wonder why I interview doctors before they treat me.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

A friend of my roommate who had a super secret private sector job (which turned out to be nothing more than a bail bondsman) was telling me about his 350 grain 9mm +P ammunition that they only give to government agents.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Aside from the fact that the "bullet" isn't the part that "explodes"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    Sitting in my office in Lansing. It's been SLOW today.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

I wonder if "doc" was scared and misled by a large spot in his seat that made him think the heater had gotten his pistol hot enough to start leaking excessive oil and worried that a round cooking off would be next - when, in fact, the heater had only caused premature melting of a suppository

VIP Member
    The difference between doctors and God...

God doesn't think he's a doctor.

sent from my home office as long as the minister of finance doesn't see.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I really worry about people who only practice their jobs! Doctors, Lawyers, etc.,
    mr.stuart, mkphillips and ppkheat like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The last couple trips to the range, I have placed my loaded SA XD40 SC on the bench facing the target and then back off and wait. With all of the guns in the news going off all by theirselves, and the apparent accuracy they have, I want to see what mine will do!
    RoadKill likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I would have thought the mythbusters episode where they put bullets in the oven would be sufficient to bust this myth.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Administrator
    Not to be a spelling Nazi, but its not beleive. It is spelled believe. I just thought it was ironic considering the topic of the thread, and is the only reason I'm pointing the mistake out along with the trick to remember how to spell it. Otherwise, I would have just fixed it and not said anything. Believe that.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 21st, 2011 at 10:08 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Hey spelling Nazi...you messed up your html to make things italic ... I believe.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links