that girl

This is a discussion on that girl within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by HKinNY I will pass along from my great uncle Benny. I quote "One female pubic hair is stronger than 10 oxen." God ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: that girl

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    I will pass along from my great uncle Benny. I quote "One female pubic hair is stronger than 10 oxen."
    God bless uncle Benny.

Give uncle Benny a cigar for Christmas from me!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

We've all had the one that got away. The fact that it continues to happen from the same girl shows some immaturity and probably low self esteem. You'll be far better off to be cordial but stop being the protector. You need to be happy just you or you won't ever be happy with someone. Once you figure out being ok with yourself then worry about a relationship. Probably won't even be interested in her anymore at that point. I second the gym for self esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I feel a little sick to my stomach that I got a "Like" from MadMac. Maybe I should delete the whole thing. : )

That's funny as hell.... Heck, I even liked his first response myself... I guess ya gotta give props where and when they're due.
    oneshot likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    That's funny as hell.... Heck, I even liked his first response myself... I guess ya gotta give props where and when they're due.
    Yup, when he is right, he is right.
    gottabkiddin and oneshot like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The writing is on the wall. Do you think her 38 yr. old boyfriend is sitting around his mom's house playing video games in his underwear?

She sounds like a super hot girl, she's shopping around for the best deal. Your not it.
    SIXTO and atctimmy like this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    is this the ann landers web site?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    You're the throw-away guy. Life changes. You're not in eighth grade anymore. If there was a love interest, you'd already be living la vida loca with your grade-school sweetheat. You would be the one out partying with her downtown. Instead, these chicks know they can simply use you for a doormat because you keep showing up whenever they jingle your phone. They knew you'd be in your house playing video games sober, so they called you for cheap cab service.

P.S. Dude, they KNOW you have a sexual attraction to them (you can call it "love" if you wish), and that they're happy to play that card if it means a freebie. If Sarah or her friend had reciprocal feelings towards you, you'd know it. You get twisted up and angry over this because you know in your heart you're being used, but you can't seem to muster up the stones to tell her to leave you alone and go find someone who does want to be with you.

You should have told her you would call a cab for her. She can figure out how to pay the cabbie.
    ^ ....WHAT HE SAID. Wake up and smell the coffee.
    "Life's hard, it's even harder when you're stupid."John Wayne

NRA
    IDPA

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yup, when he is right, he is right.
    Aww shucks, gents....I'm blushing....

Personally, I think we agree on far more things than not. I like to split hairs because it's good for MY thought processes. I respect everyone's opinion here, and appreciate the opportunity to thrash around our various persepctives.

Merry Christmas, everyone - even you Mr Kiddin'
    gottabkiddin likes this.

MadMac is the man. The OP was painful to read. Your entire mindset has to change if you want to be with good looking women. Don't be the nice guy. Grow a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I think MadMac missed his calling as a therapist. It reminds me of the Lee Ermy Geico commercial...
    Not that I have any experience, but I don't think therapists handle issues this way - it cuts into profitability.

Since I'm not getting paid for my "advice", it's simpler to just jump to the conclusion rather than go all Oprah-esque, and nibble around the edges of a problem.

You must first accept you will not be having sex with this woman.
    This must be the bedrock foundation you use from this time onward.

No matter what you do for her, you will be doing nothing with or to her. Accept it, and move on.

Hope is a great thing, except when it becomes stagnant and corrosive to your mind.

She knows it on some level, and will use it. Maybe only when she has to...but she will use it.

And you will be the worse for it.

Best thing I can tell you...even if you aren't willing to cut her off, she needs to be, sexually, nothing more than an image to you.

Go have coffee with her or something if she calls. She wants to say thanks, say your welcome, and hang up when it's polite to do so.

If she decided to pursue you and something happens, let it shatter your assumptions and be all great & stuff...but you have no reason to pursue her.

Because you will not be having sex with her.

Well, Dr. Ruth, Dr. MadMac, Dr. Phil, Ophrah and Lee R. Ermey have all shared their thoughts. The GEICO Lizard IIRC. Even Uncle Benny. Dr. Lima too. Plus many others, wise and wiseacres. Even the Esteemed Barrister MitchellCT. All had valid and wise comments, some may have stung, but all in all, words of wisdom were spoken. I will now add mine, as a tax counselor:

You will never file a Joint Return with her.

Go work out, and let time works its magic, which it will, despite your concerns.
    atctimmy, MitchellCT and Bark'n like this.

You're her anchor rock...complete with puppet string. Sounds like she just didn't want to get arrested for a dui. Smart decision...don't hold that against her. One thing I've never been judgmental about is if a friend "really" needs help in situation like that...Still might call her parents though!!! Talk to her or feel out her friend about how you really feel and let her know you are tired of being strung-along. BTDT... moved on. Some people are users of others, but they can only do this if you allow it yourself. You're a much better person than that. Look for the real person you need in your life (doubt you will find them playing video games) and get out-meet some friends for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rock and glock View Post
    i will now add mine, as a tax counselor:

You will never file a joint return with her.
    rotflmao.

MadMac likes this.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Some tough advice, I think what Lima and Speculator said fits this story most, its more of a confused state on where I stand with her, in my mind if we were friends we would still talk and hang out. However when she dosen't need something she avoids me like the plague. MadMac, there are no 24 hour gyms in my area, i work full time night shift, i could not sleep. Nothing wrong with a good video game every once in a while. Also, saving up for a house takes time and effort as well as financial planning. Most of my friends are doing the move out, move in game. They move out of mom's house, and in with a friend, then in a few months move back home, then a few months later move back out. I want to move out and stay out, so if it takes a little longer to be financially secure and able to do that, its fine. I have another year before the deadline I set for being in a house comes up, so we will see what this year entails. I was happy cutting ties with her, but she needs something and she calls. Ugh, gotta love women....lol
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links