that girl

This is a discussion on that girl within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by oneeyedwilly I'll let you in on a secret too; the strippers at the club don't really like you either. Son of a ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: that girl

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedwilly View Post
    I'll let you in on a secret too; the strippers at the club don't really like you either.
    Son of a B....! But they were always sooo nice.

After four pages I think we have established that she's just using you when she needs you and ignoring you when all is well. I have somewhat of the same relationship with a girl I work with. She's cute, and friendly and all that at work, but outside of work I hear zip unless she needs something.

Oh well. Either get used to that idea or ditch her and start looking for the real Mrs. Right, not the one you have created in her.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

2. Remove Ads

While I agree with most of the advice given, I admit it was usually applied with a sledgehammer. But hey, this is guys. You must feel safe here to post what you did (that in itself speaks volumes for your courage, considering the flak that these guys were sure to deliver). So to be honest but not too brutal, it's like this:

Be your own dog. No chance (however remote) at a woman is worth your pride. She will never respect you if you toss it away.

Confidence is the key. Get some. Fast. You WILL be respected. By all. That is non-negotiable. That includes yourself.

Never forget that she mortally insulted you when she called. Don't put up with that. At the risk of sounding sexist, us guys DO have a reputation to consider. You will no longer let us down.

Far, far better to be shut of that woman for good. Get your pride up where it needs to be. Keep it there.

I assure you, this was greatly toned down. Do whatever you need to do, but get it done. Much better to speak of firearms.

I am not a smart man, but I know what Love is!
    Only thing you can do is tell here exactly how you feel, then always be a freind but move on. Either she will run to you or it was never ment to be. Hurts like hell for awhile but broken hearts are rarely fatal.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    when she dosen't need something she avoids me like the plague.
    That, my friend is called a CLUE.

Nothing wrong with a good video game every once in a while.
    Except that it is a total waste of time that could be put to better use.

Also, saving up for a house takes time and effort as well as financial planning.
    Good move - shows maturity.

Ugh, gotta love women....lol
    And you will find one worth your love and attention, but the one who is playing you along ain't it. Imagine, if you will, what married live with her would be like - not in some utopian sense, but with the facts on the table. Do you really want that?

I never thought I would be in agreement with MadMac, but he pretty much nailed it on this thread.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

To her your a great friend or brother, not interested in you as a lover but she probably does love you. You will never figure out what makes a woman think the way she does, men have been trying to do that since the beginning of time. We love them, but will never understand how they think!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    She called Sancho 10 seconds after you dropped her off.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpG19 View Post
    To her your a great friend or brother, not interested in you as a lover but she probably does love you. You will never figure out what makes a woman think the way she does, men have been trying to do that since the beginning of time. We love them, but will never understand how they think!
    Since we're still chatting about this, I would dispute your first comment. A 'great friend' does not ignore you until they need a bail out and then "call for help, and then ignore you again". This person has been TAUGHT that she can use people. That's the curse of beauty. BUT the OP is also an enabler of her behavior.

IMO, this relationship is beyond saving. If the OP gets a new gf who respects him (and they are still out there), then they might be able to have couples get togethers, like some have reported. There's a bit of an 'attachment disorder' going on and it can grab your emotions at a gut level - they're hard to break and require firm resolve not to be used.

I don't want to read 5 pages so I'll make this short.

You teach people how to treat you. You've taught her she can call you like that. Either put a stop to it, accept it, or teach her otherwise.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Agree with Jason. One thing I've learned is that in all relationships where there is enabling, BOTH parties are getting something out of it. That's why it continues. So analyze why you are staying, accept what parts you can't release, and understand how you trap yourself in these things. In bad marriages, the parties can't easily break it off. Here, it's just a casual thing, yet it's still not easy to handle. You have unstated issues, OP, and probably unrealistic expectations, and you end up grasping at straws.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links