Bluetooth question

This is a discussion on Bluetooth question within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bluetooth question I do not have one. But are car that we just recently got does have one built into the car. You just push ...

Thread: Bluetooth question

Bluetooth question

Bluetooth question I do not have one. But are car that we just recently got does have one built into the car. You just push one button on the steering wheel and say call John and it calls John. My question is about those small Bluetooth units that you where on you can you use them the same way do they have a button or something that you can push and say call police and it will make your phone dial 911. Do they work like that. If they do that could be quite a lifesaver for some people. For a woman it would usually be covered by her hair . It would save having to dig out her phone and try to dial that number and it would be less visible we're nobody would know she is calling the police and the 911 operator would heal everything going on. And it could be just as beneficial for a man. can they be worn under your collar

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Some do, some don't. I had an Emerson that was crap but had voice commands. Audio was terrible, half the time it could not understand what name I wanted it to dial, also difficult to hold a conversation. I now have a lower level Plantronics that has fabulous audio but no voice commands.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I'm a fan of plantronics too. I drive a truck, and it's loud in the cab. They do well with noise reduction. After it died I got a Samsung at the truck stop. Noise reduction is good too. If I bothered to set up my phone and bluetooth it would do voice commands when you hit the answer button.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Mine does, Plantronic!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Most do, but problem you have is that usually you have to articulate the speech very well so that the voice command software will recognize exactly "what" you are saying. (EX: Call Police....maybe you will hear Call Pete...dialing Pete.) Sometime you can train them or in case of BlackBerry, adjust the sensetivity. The Motorola products running Android on the phones are very accurate.

Your blue tooth device, be it car, or earpiece, has nothing to do with it, your *phone* is what handles voice recognition, not the blue tooth device.
    But, if your devices support it, like mine for example. I can press a button on my earpiece and speak to the phone as long as it's in range, and tell it to dial any number, i.e. "Call 911" or instruct it to dial any entry that's in my phone list i.e. "call bob taylor" .
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    Your blue tooth device, be it car, or earpiece, has nothing to do with it, your *phone* is what handles voice recognition, not the blue tooth device.
    But, if your devices support it, like mine for example. I can press a button on my earpiece and speak to the phone as long as it's in range, and tell it to dial any number, i.e. "Call 911" or instruct it to dial any entry that's in my phone list i.e. "call bob taylor" .
    - Yep
    Phone will dial numbers or pick people from your address book.
    Just speak the number instead of address name.

Links