Gun Photo Contest

Gun Photo Contest

This is a discussion on Gun Photo Contest within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey everyone, as some of you may know I work with a firearms training school. We are running a photo contest right now where people ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigmacque

Thread: Gun Photo Contest

Gun Photo Contest

Hey everyone, as some of you may know I work with a firearms training school. We are running a photo contest right now where people can share their favorite weapon photos. The prize isn't much, just a free t-shirt, but its more for fun than anything else. The contest ends at the end of the year.

I know that if this contest goes well the prizes will be stepped up for future contests. I'm hoping in a few months we get to a point where we can give away free guns or ammo etc... but we need to get more pictures and votes. If you want to help us get there, or just want to vote on other photos go to to think link on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Equip2Conce...97602066931325

You'll have to like our page before you can participate in the contest.

Hopefully you guys don't mind me posting this here. I know a lot of you have some really awesome gun photos and I figured you might want to share them and possibly get something free out of it.
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Hopefully a blue ton of gun carrying Facebook users will be careful about posting pictures under a profile that already has compromised privacy.
    suntzu likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Yeah, I am going to "like" that facebook page. Heck why don't I make sure the SN of my gun and SSN is pictured also LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Hopefully a blue ton of gun carrying Facebook users will be careful about posting pictures under a profile that already has compromised privacy.
    I'm a bit confused? I see people post gun pictures on here all the time... whats the difference? Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm genuinely lost.
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Sorry Aduc, not trying to rain on your parade.

The issue as I see it is that Facebook has a ton of privacy issues, whereas most people can feel reasonably annonymous on this site. It's a good bet that my private account information -- which also does not include a lot of information that a Facebook account holds -- is not generally shared as widely and openly as Facebook has been exposed. Facebook has admitted they share account information with advertisers and the like.

That would be my concern with it.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Sorry Aduc, not trying to rain on your parade.

The issue as I see it is that Facebook has a ton of privacy issues, whereas most people can feel reasonably annonymous on this site. It's a good bet that my private account information -- which also does not include a lot of information that a Facebook account holds -- is not generally shared as widely and openly as Facebook has been exposed. Facebook has admitted they share account information with advertisers and the like.

That would be my concern with it.

Gotcha, no worries, good concerns.

That said, be cautious about forum accounts too. I read a story the other day. This guy had his email address attached to one forum account which had his real name on there as well. It was the same email attached to another forum account where he posted, questionable material, even though his name wasn't attached on that login, it was easy for someone to cross reference and determine who it was.

Moral of the story, the internet knows to much about us :(

www.equip2conceal.com

Sponsored Links