This stinks.

This stinks.

This is a discussion on This stinks. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's 2:15 in the morning and I'm awake and I have the flu. My temp was pushing 102 most of the evening : ( What ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: This stinks.

VIP Member

This stinks.

It's 2:15 in the morning and I'm awake and I have the flu. My temp was pushing 102 most of the evening : (

What a way to start New Years Eve.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Hang in there Tim.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Sorry to hear that.

Theraflu is good stuff.

Get well soon, man.

There is still time...go buy a new firearm and you'll feel much better.
    JerryMac, archer51 and atctimmy like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Hope you can RnR to shake it off before the party tonight.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Bummer, turn off the pc n get sleep !! Leave the alcohol out of jusice for the mroning
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Mix up a batch of Theraflu with espresso instead of the recommended hot water...won't cure the illness, but you won't care that you're sick anymore!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It's 2:15 in the morning and I'm awake and I have the flu. My temp was pushing 102 most of the evening : (

What a way to start New Years Eve.
    This calls for an old cure that has been in my family for generations, Mix 5 star brandy with honey, warm it up, and drink liberal ammounts as needed. (Most of the time we do not add the honey, warm it up, or use as needed. I think its more important to do the liberal ammounts part of the recipy) LOL Hope this family recipy helps?

Moonshine and Apple cider bring the Apple cider to a nice simmer throw some shine in it, your discretion, hot shower hit the sack for a few you'll be a brand new man.
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Not good,Tim and yes, it really sucks to start a New Year like that.

Like others have said, the Theraflu stuff works, I am now getting over a combination head cold allergy attack and I used large quantaties of the Honey-Lemon kind.

We ran out and my lovely wife drove to Walgreens to get more. The guy at the counter suggested that I put in a couple shots of Crown Royal with the Theraflu. He said I'd be well in a day.

We didn't have any Crown so I just had to drink it plain. It still worked.

Hope you get better quickly my friend.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

God bless you because I am getting over what you are going through. Hang in there!
    Red-Leg

VIP Member
    Just remember, it can always be worse. Your gun safe lock could be jammed and you can't get into it!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Thanks guys. I finally got a little sleep. We'll see how today goes.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Administrator
    Get a little whiskey to burn it out of you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I finally managed to get off my can and get a shower. I feel quite a bit better but I'm still burning at 100.4.

The good news is that the flu has taken care of the 5lbs of Christmas cookie weight I had put on. : )

Sadly, in reply to all that recommended it, I don't have any hard booze in the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links