Got to love the Iraqis, leave cancelled

This is a discussion on Got to love the Iraqis, leave cancelled within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well with the infinite wisdom of the Government of Iraq they have stopped issueing entry visas to get into Iraq. This comes when I am ...

Thread: Got to love the Iraqis, leave cancelled

VIP Member

Got to love the Iraqis, leave cancelled

Well with the infinite wisdom of the Government of Iraq they have stopped issueing entry visas to get into Iraq.

This comes when I am within 13 days of my first leave in a year. I can get out but cannot get back in. At this point we do not know if we can even get the team members who are currently on leave back in. This is gonna be a pain.

Well maybe in the next month or so?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

That sucks....you'd think that for as long as we've been there, they would catch on to the concept of planning ahead....and not come up with arbitrary declarations that require multiple signatures to override.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Might be their diplomatic way of saying "Go away."
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear you might be screwed out of your leave because of paperwork problems.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Why do you want to go back?

VIP Member
    I want to come back because that is how I make my living. I am and have been a Security Contractor in the Middle East for 6 years now. Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    I want to come back because that is how I make my living. I am and have been a Security Contractor in the Middle East for 6 years now. Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq.
    It was a joke. But I wouldn't want to be back in that piece of doo doo and we should just leave that place and the entire region period. But that is for another topic LOL.
    Be safe

Sorry they boned you on your leave. That just sucks..Hang in there, we will be blowing stuff up in Arkansas soon enough...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    Don't let the "short timer" fog cloud your SA. I know screwing with your R&R sucks, but take it one day at a time, and stay safe.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Stay safe, tac. You have an honorable job.
    Carpe Diem

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Take it as an harbinger of things to come and get while the getting is good.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    I too think you have an honorable job, but, your reasoning for being there is what has us in the mess we are in anyway. I think we have stayed over there too long already and for all the wrong reasons.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    I too think you have an honorable job, but, your reasoning for being there is what has us in the mess we are in anyway. I think we have stayed over there too long already and for all the wrong reasons.
    Ya think LOL! Biggest waste of time, money, and lives ever. Now ya got me started No offense to the OP or any contractor (I hope you stay safe) but we are the problem. I turned down jobs when I retired to go there. Sometimes ya gotta take a stand and my ethics over rode my bank account on this one. I am a consultant now (actually at MacDill now for 30 days) but refuse any Iraq, or Stan work.
    But back to topic. What kinda passport and Visa you got?

VIP Member
    Know how you feel, back in 1991 I had my retirement orders in hand when I got a letter from the Secretary of the Air Force saying congratulations your orders have been rescinded and you now have to stay on active duty.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sorry to hear about that! I hope they get that straightened out! As long as they will let you leave when you want to, your ahead of the game.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Links